Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Continuing education ....

Continuing education ....
March 03, 2012 03:33PM
Was watching a show this Sat. Morning, called Factory Made. Very educational. About making an assault/sniper rifle. Evidently you use a "makes the top of the rifle machine", and then a " makes the bottom of the rifle machine" and you use a tube with the corkscrew grooves already in it. For some reason, a water based carbon unit is used to assemble the components. THEN the rifle is tested to see if it is "fast enough". It has to go 3,000 fps. If it's fast enough, it can be shipped out. And that's how you make a sniper rifle. "festive"

I'm gonna go plaster now ...
thumbs up

Gary
Re: Continuing education ....
March 03, 2012 05:49PM
Maybe they didn't have time to show the war wagon range trip?

I like watching How It's Made too. They had a marathon going a few weeks back. Good thing I got pulled away or I could have beed trapped on the sofa for who knows how long!
March 03, 2012 06:11PM
I had my DVR set to record those shows. The thing taped 175 of them! surprised. And actually, it kept taping them after it got to 1% memory. Maybe because it was a marathon and the shows never actually stopped. Very odd.

Took me three days to delete them, as I'd seen 170 if them three times each over the years. Haha. Explains so much. laughing
March 03, 2012 10:37PM
That's funny. I better go check my DVR to make sure it is set to record only new releases!
March 04, 2012 08:13AM
Don't ya just love those shows? No matter how complex an item, it can be produced in no more than four steps in less than 15 minutes on TV.

I suppose it's a good idea to give people at least some idea how things are actually produced, but the way these shows simplify things give a false impresson as to the difficulties involved.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021