Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Closer ya get ....the more ya drop! whistling

The Closer ya get ....the more ya drop! whistling
June 26, 2018 03:31PM
It’s always been true.

Fumble, Slip, Slide, Tumble ... the parts just squirt from your hands. And sure ... mostly landbon concrete. Though I have 64 mats on the floor, the parts will find the cracks between them.

Closest you can come to saving a fumble is to do a sort of “River Dance” trying to catch it. Best case is to stick a blade in your foot rather than hitting the floor. Usual case is it HITS the floor, and then I KICK IT across the concrete and back under a lathe or into the fifth dimension. Requires a flashlight... (requires finding new batteries for flashlight ... then ...) requires flashlight, belly crawl thru steel chips, magnet on a stick (which collects a pound of chips as well as the object), if you are lucky.

Why drop everything? Cause the stuff is getting all polished and slick. Smooth, rounded, and it’s value has increased. You never drop the just bandsawn rough blank of steel. It’s covered in barbs that won’t let go. And it’s not worth much. But you get that puppy finished and it’s like an eel.

Ok. I just figured you’d want to know.

Happy Reading
Gary
Re: The Closer ya get ....the more ya drop! whistling
June 26, 2018 07:19PM
Gary
I hate when that happens. You are lucky to only drop stuff and not hit your head or worse on the way down . The last time I did that my wrist hurt for a good couple months . Soooo was that my knife you dropped ??? I mean are you ok ?

Thanks
Kurt
Re: The Closer ya get ....the more ya drop! whistling
June 26, 2018 10:56PM
Thanks for asking Kurt ....

Haha.

Your knife is fine ... so far. Haha.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021