Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

on the phone LAST/NEXT STEP - Jules, Dagger, Alice, Hunter, Balisong

on the phone LAST/NEXT STEP - Jules, Dagger, Alice, Hunter, Balisong
July 11, 2018 12:11AM
I Hoped this might help. I’ll try to keep this updated.

LastNext Step/Process....

Jules: LAST MAJOR STEP was ... Final Pass through the engraving. NEXT MAJOR STEP will be, darkening all the depths and backgrounds. As well as hand shading and burnishing.

Dagger: LAST MAJOR STEP was ... Configuring the 15 individual Component parts of the handle, as well as annealing/threading the tang and pommel. Gluing up these components, which are curing now. NEXT MAJOR STEP will be grinding/sanding/finishing the components of the handle.

Alice: LAST MAJOR STEP was prepare Model 97 Case. NEXT MAJOR STEP will be cutting and Inlaying the Blue Mammoth Tusk into the Original 97 Design Case.

Hunter: LAST MAJOR STEP was grinding and polishing the wire Damascus blade. NEXT MAJOR STEP will be Etching the Blade. Finishing the blade.

Balisong: LAST MAJOR STEP was fitting the cases to the lock/stop pins. NEXT MAJOR STEP will be to finish sand/grind/polish the blade - then etch it.

I hope the above is clear and that it helps the wait just a bit. I’m sorry it all takes so long.

Blessings,
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2018 12:13AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: on the phone LAST/NEXT STEP - Jules, Dagger, Alice, Hunter, Balisong
July 11, 2018 04:04AM
Thanks for updates. It has been very interesting to watch the various knives come along toward the finish line. The daggers and esp the Damascus dagger. Waiting to see what the etch makes it look like. I know you are working to keep the lights on, but thanks for taking time to update all.

Gary L
Re: on the phone LAST/NEXT STEP - Jules, Dagger, Alice, Hunter, Balisong
July 11, 2018 02:56PM
You are very welcome, Gary. Thank you for your patience.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021