Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Monday.

Monday.
March 05, 2012 11:30PM
I'm working thru some things that are encouraging, so long as they are not decoys.

Sorry for being otherwise involved. I have had no choice in the matter.

Tomorrow, I get epidural injections again. They have been working. And I have not done any damage, to date, with this round of work. I've paced it, and not taken any serious chances.

I really want to get back to the shop. And I'm wrapping up this round of obligations.
thumbs up

Gary
Re: Monday.
March 06, 2012 12:11AM
Hi Gary,

Good luck on this second round of injections and of course good luck with everything else.thumbs up

Julio
March 06, 2012 01:32AM
Gary :

I hope you have experienced some relief with the new injections. Keep hanging in there.

Karl
March 06, 2012 01:53AM
Thanks Karl,

I appreciate the thoughts.

I've been doing pretty good. Hardly 40 again .. but workable. ;?) The injections have been better, since we seem to have found a better level to inject. Seems to last a bit longer.

The obligations seem to pile on, to just a bit past when you feel you'll go nuts ... and then they can resolve a couple at a time. I've been burned enough to suspect unknowns ... but I keep processing the stuff until something is complete. Not my ideal lifestyle, but you play the cards you're dealt.

I'll hang in. The projects here have shown the normal intertwining. Nothing is ever a simple ... "move this box over there". Usually, the bottom of the box is rotted away, the remaining seams are about to break, and it's filled with ball bearings .... hahaha.

"festive"

Gary
March 06, 2012 06:28AM
Glad to hear that the pain relief is holding thus far. All that work you're doing on the house is impressive, heck, it's making ME tired just thinking about it! winking smiley

I'm glad that you're making progress, and even better, that haven't been laid out flat by it. I know that the usual mode when it comes to heavy lifting is "no good deed goes unpunished", but perhaps this time you'll get a break. Here's hoping the status quo holds for at least a spell.
March 06, 2012 06:35PM
HI Guys,

Just an FYI:

I got the injections this morning. For some reason, they were very painful this time. However; the people there, and the Doc, take good care of me - very nice people. The pain is mainly during the proceedure while they are placing the needles. About 20 minutes after the proceedure, it's a memory.

The injections always help me. I'm very lucky there. I've heard people say they didn't help them. Don't know why.

Supposed to be resting. I am required to have someone bring me home after the proceedures. My daughter, Jennifer; and my grandson Nathan, and grand-daughter Lena brought me home. So, I had a chance to spend some time with the kids.

Gary
Anonymous User
March 06, 2012 11:35PM
Gary need,s a break. And visit that peaceful place ......................
March 07, 2012 02:40AM
Ah ... Don, but you see .... I've just HAD my break. Haven't worked in the shop for two weeks!
winking smiley

Tonight, Jerry helped me for 25 seconds short of two hours, to scan a legal document. New scanner/ printer. THE near identical replacement for the Kodak unit that had been so easy and so faithful. Buy as close to the same Kodak unit as humanly possible about three years later ... Of course ... EVERYTHING ... is different. EVERYTHING conflicts with the VISTA OS on Kellys PC. AH ... spare me the VISTA trash talk. Sure, it's crap, but you can't tell me that NO person with one of the hundred million copies has ever been able to use their computer and that now, all but Kellys machine has been crushed.

Even though it's supposed to be compatible with the scanner ... It ain't!

AND the Kodak scanner prompts, when loaded on my Windows 7 repaired machine are ....... disappointing.

Now, the windows 7 fax and scan prompts work ok ... If slow to respond. Good Grief. The FIRST THING I learned to do with a computer (iMac) was to scan pics and documents in 96/97. And, it was a snap for a newbie. And now, with computers running a thousand times faster and 16 years farther of development ... And it's a complete nightmare to do the same job? The programers should put bags over their heads. If they can't make something a reasonably competent
Person can use out of the box, they have failed. One man's humble opinion.

Gary
March 07, 2012 03:01AM
Hold it, that was 25 seconds short of two hours if hours have 80 minutes each! 159 min and 35 seconds and we finally got to jpeg scans...

Yes, I hate Vista and no, not a single of the 100 million users evr liked it! laughing

Funny, (or not so darn funny) how things that used to be fairly easy are now nearly impossible unless specific and expensive software is purchased.
March 07, 2012 01:19PM
Hours have only 60 minutes now??!!!! stunned

So; I've been working even MORE hours then I thought? But the Boss said ..... Oh .... surprised

Anyway. Thanks for your help. Yes, I can only imagine the time required to get the new scanner to do a PDF file!
surrender

Hey ... The smilies clicking mugs together doesn't work anymore ... My phone won't let me choose it. Well, get avows and pencil Jerry. Draw yourself a nice tall mug! winking smiley

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2012 01:23PM by barnespneumatic.
March 07, 2012 01:27PM
"Avows"
is how my phone spells .... "a pad" ... A pad and pencil. I'm gonna quit now ... I have to lay back down again with a cold washcloth ...
March 09, 2012 06:50AM
another victim of the dreaded "autocorrect"

Strange, that name. I guess "autodistort" was already taken. whistling
March 09, 2012 11:41PM
We love our computers right up to the point they try to outwit us!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 19
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021