Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My last two Evenings & Saturday

My last two Evenings & Saturday
July 29, 2018 03:27AM
So for a few years now I have been wanting to get rid of the pea gravel. I guess the first owners thought it was a great idea but all I find are stones in the lawn after every winter. I had no idea just how much gravel was there. I had advertised on local platform that it was free to pickup. Someone responded and today hauled away 5, 45 gallon drums filled. I continued to gather the gravel and I am sure there is another 4 barrels worth ready. Luckily had shade mostly but I am beat now, 6 hours of shoveling and hauling will do that. Not used to it, mostly behind a desk now a days.

This is only one side of yard, another side and back of our lot has the same gravel. Not fun to work with, wish it was large stone size but oh well.

6018E31A-85F6-4924-87AA-D2E866C761EA.jpeg

I dug out most of the gravel and then used a small shovel to claw my way around the lawn edging and weed guarding material. Now will rework the lawn edging, bring in about 10 yards of dirt, till and level what exists, then top it off with wood chips. Least that is the plan for now.

Everything is sore now, my arms, forearms, fingers, back, and legs. Guess I won’t need the gym next two weeks!

Thanks for stopping by.

Pedro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 33
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021