Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Eye Candy

Eye Candy
August 03, 2018 01:44PM
I posted these last night, but they are down inside another thread. I thought you may like to catch these ....

Knife is almost done. It’s sold now (was posted a few days ago). I had some business to attend to yesterday all morning. I came home and worked on these scales. I got one finished.

BTW - Gary, Kurt, Alice are being completed. That’s Alice, Kurt, Gary. Kurt, Alice, Gary ... all happening. And by the by the way. When I say what’s next, that presupposes that I have crackers and lights. If not, then I have to correct that first. Ok. On with the show!

9BCA2375-04EC-49E4-837D-32170B7F7A84.jpeg

Ohhhhhhh ..... purdy ....,,, those ancient extinct animal parts clean up nice!

B935632B-0AAA-41ED-BBA7-235C71D1462D.jpeg

It’s my job to find, cut, and lay up a pleasing mix of colors and patterns in a flowing design. That’s no small task. It takes time, along with an eye for “balance”. I should show you some time, what it would look like if I’d do that wrong. If I’d put lighter value pieces too close together .... without enough contrast to the mix. It would glare at you. There’d be a “Hot Spot” (my term), to attract the eye. Like wearing one orange sock with a business suit. Everything needs to be Feng Shui.

8487599A-642D-4734-AE99-CA1F715C2C4D.jpeg

I’m on the job.

Ok ... don’t forget. There are several excellent knives available. Every sale is greatly appreciated. It keeps us going.

Blessings
Gary
Re: Eye Candy
August 03, 2018 04:11PM
Your Eye did a great job of putting a gorgeous moasic together agin !! Thats just the Artist comming out in you again.
Beautiful Knife Gary, Thanks
August 03, 2018 06:16PM
Thanks Bob,

Hey, I mentioned that line of “the artist coming out,” to Kelly ...

She looked a little stunned .... got the fly swatter ... and said .... “For heaven's sake...Do Not Let That Artist Out!!!”

Now ... I’m sure she met that ... ..... in the nicest way...”. Hahaha.

Thanks Bob! I do enjoy using the skills ...

Gary
August 03, 2018 05:19PM
Very sleek
Gary I know most people haven't seen the raw product before you assemble and polish it . Do you think we could see a picture of the different strips before you put it together ? I honestly think if the pieces were laying on a table in their natural state I wouldn't give them a 2nd look as I walked by .

Thanks
Kurt
August 03, 2018 05:59PM
Good point Kurt. I’ll do it after I eat something.

Hey Kurt ... this knife and you not buying it .... ohhhwwwww.

Haha.

I’ll get your Mammoth parts ....

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021