Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

That's not posta happen !

That's not posta happen !
October 28, 2018 02:46PM
Well Gary you always talk about getting into a project and have to be MORE careful near the end because of all the previous steps involved having to be repeated.
After a long week of work and a big pile of beams I get to the last one on the bottom of the pile and low and behold there's a big hole in this I beam .
I was so close to the finish line and hidden there on the bottom of the pile was the last piece needed. Well it appears that a fork from a forklift pierced a hole in the web of the beam .
Now if this was a backyard project it would be an easy fix but for a customer and the damage NOT being caused by our team (we have a smaller forklift & rust was present) I'll have to wait for a replacement piece . My goal was not met and it was no fault of mine . Just another hiccup .

Ps: Big beam big problem?
Or big beam little problem...
I'll go with little problem . It's all in the perspective right ?

Thanks
Kurt
IMG_2285.JPG
IMG_2284.JPG
Re: That's not posta happen !
October 29, 2018 01:35PM
Hi Kurt,

Super Bummer Mannnnnn.....

Oh yeah .... I’ve been there. It’s hard to walk away.

First thing I thought ... “Wow! ... what a fork lift”. And ... from the piercing ... “What a quality of steel and perfect heat treat, for the forks of such a monster fork lift; to sustain such knife edge tips and not break or bend.

Hope the replacement arrives quickly and blends in Kurt.

Thanks
Gary
Re: That's not posta happen !
October 29, 2018 03:33PM
Ya Gary the mind goes places for sure . When the beams were delivered there was a stack 3 wide 10 tall so 30 beams in all . That amount of weight with one fork truck fork lifting on the web ... well it probably was like opening a soda can and I'll bet the driver didn't even know it happened . I've seen it happen before but only dents or puckering. This was a good rip forsure .

Thanks
Kurt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021