Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Saturday/Sunday

Saturday/Sunday
March 25, 2012 05:15PM
That's right. My weekend off nets some .... Work on the house!!! Yeah!!!

Yesterday was mostly sanding. Handrailing. You know how I love to sand.

The evening was finished up by sorting tools and materials into boxes, tubs, buckets, and anything else which would categorize same for trips back to the shop and storage. That means there's some hope if finishing.

Today, I've built a window frame and will plaster to that this afternoon.

All the things I left unfinished during the worst of the last several years. Hope the better days continue. There's a threshold of aches and pains. Don't think I've been cured. I ache all over. BUT; the meds and injections have been keeping me just on this side of that pain threshold where I can work through it. Beyond this point, it gets very difficult to make progress - while it's still possible. As I guess you are tired if hearing, I hate that I'm not spending the time in the shop. HOWEVER; think of it ... Gary ... Self employed since 1974. Always projects waiting. Always obligations. You work for yourself and you don't have scheduled days off each week. SO; stands to reason that there is going to be a period of time, at some point, when you have to cash in a bunch of those banked Saturdays and Sundays you previously spent in the shop. Guess that's been now.

Good news is the stuff is getting done. Some things are resolving. We're still on solid ground. Thanks fir sticking with me. So far, I've really appreciated the support and extra posts you've made.

Gary
Re: Saturday/Sunday
March 27, 2012 03:50PM
BTW ... I've also been busy as a bee behind the scenes with business. ALOT of activity regarding that auction. Mostly after the fact.

Then, alot of activity for Barnes Pneumatic ongoing stuff. Office stuff. yeah. whistling

I haven't been out of touch. Just out of shop. ;?)
March 27, 2012 10:52PM
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Handrails. And additional clean up details.
Hey, have you gotten any of the "newer" Edison bulbs. Visible long ribbon filament. Nice soft yellowish glow. Looks great with brick and wood and plaster.

Gary
March 28, 2012 08:15AM
What, and switch away from the tried-and-true carbon filament bulbs? surprised

Actually, I do think that tungsten filament bulbs will become the new Freon. People are already hoarding them in advance of their being banned and pulled off the market. Once they're gone, people are going to discover that they'll really miss them for certain applications.

For example, can you imagine how long it's gonna take to bake those little cupcakes in an "Easy-Bake Oven" with a compact florescent or an LED bulb?idea
Anonymous User
April 04, 2012 08:58PM
picture the hand rail in Gary's laminated wood....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 21
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021