Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

IT’S ALIVE!!! wow

IT’S ALIVE!!! wow
January 20, 2019 10:11PM
It’s Holding Pressure. Pressure Tube, Intake Valve, Firing Valve all working. Yay. Always fun to fill and bring the parts to life. A long way from bar stock.

0E80DF14-CD3C-499D-9313-0BEFF8019132.jpeg

Let’s check the list .....

Front Barrel Clamp. Soon.
Slide Breech Cover ... gotta finish the cosmetics.

Oh!!! Ya think we’ll need a STOCK? WOOD!!! You bet. Let the Chips Fall where they may!!! Let’s pick out s tree!!!!

Thanks for reading!!!

Hey ...don’t forget all those keys that came with your computer.... Airgun Smiths are People too. Say Hi!!!

Best to All,
Gary
Re: IT’S ALIVE!!! wow
January 20, 2019 10:20PM
Dang and all I did was sit around all weekend.
Congrats your cooking right thru them green dots and dashes. Hey too bad I'm busy next week or I'd help you sand ! NOT
I can't believe nobody has layed claim to a CHANCE at owning the fine airgun yet . I've been always looking at auction sights big and small and there is not too many Barnes up for sale. I'm just saying

Thanks
Kurt
January 23, 2019 01:32AM
Gary,

Looks like you are making really good progress. The bluing looks great. Be a nice contrast with the polished aluminum.

I bet you have the wood all picked out for this project already? chainsaw

Thanks for sharing the progress!

Pedro
January 23, 2019 02:25AM
Hi Pedro,

Thk you for stopping. And for commenting.

I haven’t yet seen which blank will best serve. I’ll do that very soon

I was finishing a triple bullet casting mold today. Three unique new slugs for the 50 Caliber stable. I’ll be anxious to see them fly.

In drilling a hole for threading the Sprue plate pivot, the pilot bit galled, froze, and snapped below surface. Rare enough anymore but always a mess. I was setting up the previous mold so I could just turn the mold over in my hand for double end casting. Etc, etc. It doesn’t matter but I didn’t want a flaw in the mold even though it’s a house mold.

That length of 3/32” bit had to come out. And so; I rather quickly made a core drill .... tempered it ... drilled around the submerged drill bit shaft. When I was alllllmost there, the swarf caught, jerked everything, broke the core drill (expected) and I hit the OFF switch.

81C4454E-FDB5-4FA4-86D3-4717613DF648.jpeg

The broken off 3/32” commercial drill bit. The custom core drill (broken). The Swarf and fragments from the core drill. The hole now ready drill to final size and thread. A neat finished job on the blocks that I already had about two days into. You never can plan the time a series of steps will take ... can you Pedro? But you can know the end quality.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2019 04:24AM by barnespneumatic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 25
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021