Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Small Addition, Huge Help. Weights

Small Addition, Huge Help. Weights
February 03, 2019 10:05PM
I found a corner that I could build out to mount my great wood vise. It’s a huge help when doing Stock work.

Thanks for reading. I enjoy any conversation that interests you. Join in or start a thread.
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2019 10:08PM by barnespneumatic.
E5EB5A39-153C-457B-9EEF-0133847DA858.jpeg
28AB6755-A18F-452B-9967-BEB89FFEBDD0.jpeg
Re: Small Addition, Huge Help. Weights
February 04, 2019 12:32AM
Looking good !
Vices make things Sooo much easier. I've actually got a huge vice mounted on a 10" square tube at working height. It has metal wheels like a hand cart and a 2-0"sq base plate . I wheel it outside of my garage ( attached to house ). for welding and grinding. That way I'm sure not to burn down the house .

I can't believe you've not used that one there yet! It looks pretty clean.

Thanks
Kurt
February 04, 2019 04:03AM
Hi Kurt,

I have used it here. Made a previous wing extension table area off my main work area. But then, during the heavy knife oriented time period, I annexed the area for a shelving tower and second work pad. I couldn’t keep it free for the more limited time usage. This is a great vise. It mounts via a scrub plate, a large ACME threaded stud with plates and a huge wing nut. Handy to rotate and disassemble.

Nice strong vise too with good steel. Was on sale once via Brownells.

Best
Gary
February 04, 2019 04:09AM
I have a number of other big machine vises. One on the bench this shop. Big one on welding table below. And another very good one on a steel box beam that will go in a floor socket below b

This wood vise is great though cause it has a deep jaw depth, wide grasp, and the top jaws can swivel if desired.

Oh ... I got some parts shipped from China for my Hobart welder. They arrived. Hope they bring it back!

Gary
February 04, 2019 09:32PM
Gary,

I've been scabbing on little shelves like that myself. I'm running out of waist high space now; all of the shortcuts in the room are gone.

Lon
February 05, 2019 01:21PM
A kindred spirit! Ha.

What’s that Postulate that states ... “objects will increase in number and mass, to fill any available space.” Therefore; putting “everything” away, is only a present illusion.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021