Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wife's Third Chemo Today

Wife's Third Chemo Today
February 01, 2019 10:43PM
Hello All,

I haven't been very busy lately. Mostly I was at home last few weeks but have been working a little more recently. Some know, most do not, my wife was diagnosed with ovarian cancer Dec. 14th. It has been a roller-coaster ride ever since. We haven't been told her stage by a doctor, but from reading about it she is Stage 4A.

Chemotherapy is to reduce the two tumors so that surgery may happen late February. The are both about 4" long and maybe 5/8 to 3/4" diameter from what I could see on the CT scan.

That is the biggest reason I haven't been posting much or commenting. Trying to comment as I can. Next few days are the roughest for her after chemo. Lots of bad side effects. Extreme fatigue being the worse.

We have hope that things will get better.

Pedro G.
Re: Wife's Third Chemo Today
February 02, 2019 03:48AM
Hi Pedro,

The feeling is wanting to do something helpful. Wanting to say something uplifting. Wanting to share the load. To see this prayer really bloom into something beautiful.

You are honorable people and you deserve to have our prayers respected on your behalf. Besides, we are taught that it’s God’s “Grace” that he gives to us. Not anything we earn. And so I will continue to pray for God’s grace to heal Maria. And for God’s grace to uphold you. To allow you to be strong for her. To tend to your work and meet your responsibilities

Call me 24/7 Pedro
Gary
February 02, 2019 12:46PM
Pedro
My prayers go out to you and Misses Pedro . I know you have strong faith and both will make it through if that's the lords will.
It's a very trying thing to have at such a young age .
My wife had cancer at age 48 that was stage 3 by the time it was diagnosed. Insurance doesn't pay for certain test till your 50 yrs old or it might have been figured out earlier. That was in 2006 and after many months of chemo cocktails that she had daily and aggressive radiation and strength from a large network... she is cancer free now over 10 years !
Keep your faith strong like Job
What a friend we have in Jesus !

Thanks
Kurt
February 02, 2019 06:20PM
Your comments are very encouraging Kurt. So grateful Diane did so well.

Remember that Kelly is also a survivor.

Blessings happen.

Gary
February 02, 2019 11:10PM
Gary,

Wow, I had no idea! Glad to hear she is a survivor. Cannot have been easy.

God bless you both.

Pedro
February 02, 2019 11:08PM
Hello Kurt,

Thanks for your comments.Sorry to hear that your wife had cancer but also glad to hear she is a survivor. I cannot imagine the cost of cancer treatment, in Canada our healthcare covers almost everything. Thankfully as I have heard of stories in the USA where people had to re mortgage homes, etc.

Faith is the only thing left. Doctors told us from day one that ovarian cancer is the "silent killer" as in most cases when diagnosed its to late. But with modern treatments we shall see. Regardless, should things go to worse, we know that Eternal Life is awaiting.

Thanks again for commenting. God Bless...

Pedro
February 09, 2019 11:19AM
Praying for you and your wife, Pedro.

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 108
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021