Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SOLD boing. OUR KNIFE IS COMPLETE! FOR SALE take a bow LOTS AND LOTS OF PICS! bullhorn

SOLD boing. OUR KNIFE IS COMPLETE! FOR SALE take a bow LOTS AND LOTS OF PICS! bullhorn
March 01, 2019 06:33PM
NOW SOLD - Thank You!This is a really nice BARNES ULTRALIGHT SADDLEBACK FOLDER. PRICE; $635 plus $14 shipping USPS PRIORITY INSURED

Please examine the detail. It’s all very very nice. This is an example of taking a historic design, and giving it a thorough BARNES build. Upon study, the pics will show that the ultra thin slicing blade is straight, centered, runs on bronze Barnes made shims. The Heat Colored Saddle Spring fits the Walnut case like a glove. It’s mounted by polished and heat colored steel matching screws. Note the ultra fine fitting of the Barnes Stardust Inlay with its Abaloni Pearl Chips. All finely sanded and polished. Whereas many inlays will squeeze out of their host material as the seasons tick by; I have thirty years of field testing that says mine won’t.

This is a feather weight example of engineering to the task. So; don’t “heft” the knife to determine its worth. Rather understand that the airy feel of the piece has been engineered in. My own “FAUX PAS” version of this design was built as a lecture tool for a Bladesmithing Seminar. I’ve enjoyed using it for about ... 27 years now.

If you want this fine knife ... please DROP YOUR MARKER HERE. WE WILL SORT THE DETAILS. DONT GO TO PM MESSAGING INSTEAD ... we need your time stamp here. Thanks so much.

Enjoy,
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2019 01:52PM by barnespneumatic.
71875E04-263F-4F45-B913-61633302EE6B.jpeg
0CEB689C-1678-4228-94DB-510284C1C2DD.jpeg
2FADEF97-BBA3-49B1-9196-9B668FF7043B.jpeg
34FAA91C-6DB8-4843-8174-17881B5D4ED0.jpeg
D928A406-A025-4026-A611-3F3095F4B034.jpeg
4935B1E3-2C8D-42A0-8055-0ACBCC98B6DD.jpeg
D9E9AA94-19B9-47EB-BE94-6F006F72C451.jpeg
A3372CBB-5B81-4267-91E4-25A686D8E91F.jpeg
55B8C259-0BD0-4078-BE2E-D972D14DD0F7.jpeg
4F422708-237B-4176-96C0-8004A51307A2.jpeg
Re: bullhorn. OUR KNIFE IS COMPLETE! FOR SALE take a bow LOTS AND LOTS OF PICS! bullhorn
March 01, 2019 07:28PM
Wow, A lot going on with that knife. Frosted,polished,hammered,inlaid........Blueing.......Tempered...........
Magnificent
Some ones going get a steal
Re: bullhorn. OUR KNIFE IS COMPLETE! FOR SALE take a bow LOTS AND LOTS OF PICS! bullhorn
March 02, 2019 09:13PM
Thought I’d point out that these Abalone Pearl Chips have to be prepared. They don’t come that way. And, I can’t just dump them in like raisins either. Pearl only “lights” at roughly 90 degrees to its Strata Layers. Therefore; you have to look at a chip and recognize which way the strata are laid up. Then; you have to hand place them so that they wind up in the Matrix at about 90 degrees to that. Otherwise, they’ll just be a burnt out light bulb on the Christmas Tree.

Now, since there are so many, the knife will flash with different colors and patterns from any angle you look at it. It’s so hard to be a Craftsman these days. You are just supposed to have a film crew following you. And the shows made “say” they are showing you how stuff is done ... but if you know the subject matter ... you realize that soooo much is wrong. It’s exaggerated. What’s shown is often horrible workmanship. Kelly and I have watched a bunch of the Building off the Grid shows. GOOD GRIEF!!!!!

Ok ... I didn’t say that. But I’m just gonna say ... when you build a shak in the woods (much from OSB on OSB beams) and you see four inches of leaves and crap on the roof either side of where you are gonna lay a piece of glass for a “sky light???” ...., then you drop the glass in flush with the same roof, with 4” of debris on it ... UNDER TREES ... and then you let the glass OVERHANG into space as an eve .... ahhhh ..... you ain’t no Architect. Just saying. You’re just building a Compost Pile.

I show the best I can of techniques that take days to complete. I hope you enjoy the pictorial builds. I wish they’d promote comment. I not seeking praise. Just company. For myself and for the others of what could be a great group here. Of course, a sold sign now and again is the only thing that makes 45 years turn into 46.

Sitting having coffee here with whoever is on the Rendezvous with me. This is what I thought to say. Have a good Weekend

Gary
March 04, 2019 02:10AM
That is a very nice piece! I really like the etched blade and the dolled up walnut !
I would have thought this would be gone by know?
I don't know what to tell you to build to get the clientele to part with some of their hard earned dollars!
Keep after it my friend.

Bob
March 06, 2019 01:54AM
WOW!!!

This knife is a steal at $635!
I'm going to get myself in trouble if this is still available when I get back in town....

Scott
March 06, 2019 02:15AM
Ah Scott ...

It’s a better world when you are in trouble rather than me ...! Hah ha
March 17, 2019 02:57PM
If you can stand to carry something different from the rest of the pack.
March 20, 2019 10:59AM
Marker dropped.
March 20, 2019 01:19PM
Thank you Keith. I hope you enjoy it very much!

Shipping.

Gary
Re: SOLD boing. OUR KNIFE IS COMPLETE! FOR SALE take a bow LOTS AND LOTS OF PICS! bullhorn
March 21, 2019 05:38PM
Very nice knife. I'm glad it went to a good home.
Re: SOLD boing. OUR KNIFE IS COMPLETE! FOR SALE take a bow LOTS AND LOTS OF PICS! bullhorn
March 24, 2019 10:47PM
Keith,
Thanks for keeping me out of trouble, before I returned to town.
Although, I was ready to own that abalone in-lay....
You got a beautiful knife!

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021