Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Media Blast Cabinet ... operational

Media Blast Cabinet ... operational
September 30, 2019 12:40PM
55DEB545-BFB6-40C0-81E8-3FC6EB1F14A0.jpeg

I actually got one more thing into the Studio! Amazing in itself! Hah

Several years back, I wanted to get my Abrasive and Glass Bead Media blasting operations back. TSC FARM STORES had a sale on nicely made Air Blasting Media Cabinets. I bought two. It was a great discounted offer. By the time I ran into the offer, TSC only had one left, but honored the offer and found me another one.

They have to be partially assembled. I did that for one of them, and found a place for my new Glass Bead Media Cabinet to live in the abrasive room of the Studio. I didn’t have a ready location available for the second cabinet at the time. (Still don’t really, but I pressed a temporary solution into operation last evening).

I brought it from storage to the shop on a hand truck. And foolishly forgot to wear my back brace while maneuvering it thru the isle between my largest machine lathe and a long narrow bench full of bench top machines. About five feet from its final location, I felt the twist and pull of my back crying out “Dumb Dumb - BACK BRACE!!!”

I proceeded to plumb the air connections and internal media feed siphon tubes. I figured a way to give this temporary location every chance of allowing me to use the cabinet. We are ready to go this morning.

When producing finishes, some require a first step of Aluminum Oxide Media to initially cut and blend the scratch pattern left by the abrasive belts. It’s a short duration process, but required. So now I can do this again.

Thanks for Reading
Gary
Re: Media Blast Cabinet ... operational
October 01, 2019 09:39PM
Hot dog
You got it in there .
I got a parts washer at the tractor store awhile ago . It cost more for the solvent than the tub itself. It’s got the brush with hole in it that cleaner pumps thru .

You just supply the air yourself for your blaster?

Thanks
Kurt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021