Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

bullhorn Great Expedition Case! FOR SALE Pocket Polish!

bullhorn Great Expedition Case! FOR SALE Pocket Polish!
June 01, 2019 10:41PM
The second case shown, is the one that’s been in my jeans pocket for about 35 years. I couldn’t carry the new one that long for ya, but the polish is very very similar. It looks like it’s been a good friend and works perfectly.

$250 please. The cheapest USPS BOX IS $7.50 now plus several $ extra insurance. Make it $250 plus $12 postage. $262 total. Well worth it. Made with the Barnes Lion Engraved Die and the full kit of dies and raising tools, WITH the integral hinge tools. Very unique.

PLEASE DROP YOUR MARKER HERE!!

Much Appreciated.
Gary
4AF9FE07-7039-479E-A2CA-8D4B6BC68B08.jpeg
E565B9AB-BEA6-44E8-BF23-9D0366A46707.jpeg
F4346EFE-F7DF-4ADE-A1EC-1D29BF569564.jpeg
B754906A-0D66-495E-AB37-B8A43743B0B1.jpeg
6EDE121B-F6B3-4C9D-9A82-10BBFC376458.jpeg
Re: bullhorn Great Expedition Case! FOR SALE Pocket Polish!
August 03, 2019 02:14PM
A neat piece of work. From Sheet metal to Heirloom.
August 23, 2019 01:06PM
You may have missed this. Please consider that all of this was made from flat sheet metal. The domes, the hinges, the catch. All formed and crafted to last several lifetimes. But what do you do with it? Well ... you don’t have to do anything with it. It’s well worth having just to turn it over and examine it. Snap the catch and hear that satisfying “Click!” I keep my daily regiment of meds in mine. Handy and secure in my pocket. But as I suggest. Just do “nothing” with it. Let it calm your nerves as you trace the shapes with your fingers. Unsnap the catch and click it closed a few times. It’s guaranteed to take a few points off your blood pressure. More, if you show it to a friend.

Gary
November 02, 2019 12:20PM
I just read the above paragraph. I couldn’t have said it better myself.

Think of someone taking a flat sheet of brass and a bit of copper, and “making” this Case. They bent, stretched, and cut, in exactly the correct places. First though; they made all the tools and dies that we’re required to make the parts. Even before that; they made and customized the various machines, which were used to make the tools, which were used to make the parts.

Once complete, You saw an heirloom quality case. One which your Great Grandson will carry daily, for decades; at his Law Firm. All because you had the foresight to begin it’s journey with your family.

Well done. Very well done!

Gary
February 10, 2020 11:19PM
A bit of variety moving up. Tell me is you see more of these today in your travels. Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021