Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ed's Burger! And other landmarks. winking smiley

Ed's Burger! And other landmarks. winking smiley
June 09, 2012 05:48PM
Sitting at the sidewalk tables for Ed's Burger with our son and four grandkids. This place has been here for 48 years. People are sitting on top of each other. The parking lot is packed like a car ferry.
The Pub Burger is 10 oz of Angus beef with all the classic fixin's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2012 07:49PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Ed's Burger!
June 09, 2012 07:48PM
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

The lake yard around DeFuniak Springs lake.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Very nice place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2012 09:35PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Ed's Burger! And other landmarks. winking smiley
June 10, 2012 05:53PM
Looks nice, and not a snowflake in sight!

I'm sure you'll soon track down the primery hot-spots, though convincing the locals to part with that close-held information might take a bit of doing. It's much more efficient than trolling the backroads looking for packed parking lots and lots of belly-patting as the patrons exit. laughing again

Actually, I'm guessing that you won't have any trouble at all. Your biggest problem will likely be figuring out how to accomodate all the places that your neighbors and new friends are going to insist you try, while remaining within the limitations of your diet! It's the dark secret of southern hospitality you know...relentless waistline expansion. smileys with beer

Have you run into the sweet-tea issue yet? You're well south of the "sweet-tea line", so obtaining iced tea without sugar will likely be difficult to impossible. In the event that a restaurant DOES have unsweetened tea, they'll inevitably bring you a bowl of sweet-n-low and splenda packets. The automatic assumption is that the only conceivable reason a person would drink iced tea without sugar is that they're on a diet. When I travel down south and drink iced tea with neither sugar nor artifical sweetners, the waitstaff always sort of look at me a bit sideways, with a sort of well-disguised alarm.

Imagine if you were to ask for it hot...they'd probably back away slowly and call in the white-coat brigade.injured
June 10, 2012 10:00PM
Hi Sean
Hey, thanks for the posts. I appreciate them.
Yes, the tea is sweet. It's real brew, but more sweet then I need. The artificial sweetners give me headaches ... so it's get fatter, drink bitter tea, or drink water. Since I drink water all day long, in bucket portions, I've opted for the sweet tea with meals. Gotta live a little, ya know.
Finding all sorts of places. There will not be time enough to visit them all. Nice people, good places.
Coming back to relieve the house sitters. Fill up a big ole truck and head back down. Repeat.
Hey, you have followed and expressed concern over the last five years, of the horror of the processing of the estate. You might like to know ... It's over. Complete. I signed off on it yesterday. It's been one of the most stressful, maddening, frustrating, hurtful, mind bending experiences of my life. For God's sake... treat your family right, face reality, recognize people for who they really are (both good and the pure evil ones) ... And don't leave a horrible mess for someone else. The thing is over Sean. Didn't think I'd live to see it. Now I decompress for a long while, I expect.
On with the move, and back to the new shop.
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2012 10:08PM by barnespneumatic.
June 10, 2012 10:24PM
Glad to hear that it's all behind you. Lawyers exist to make things more complicated than they need to be, and always at our expense. The more stress off your mind, the better off you are. Watch and see, I'll bet this is a big net positive for your general health situation, let alone your state of mind.
June 11, 2012 02:35PM
Gary,

Needs some pink flamingos. Miami-Dade County has dispatched the best available team of decorators to your area to help.
miamipride2.jpg

I finally looked the place up on the map, you are really into the panhandle. I've hunted in the large forest to the east of you, great area!

Lon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021