Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What a CROCK!

What a CROCK!
June 15, 2012 03:08AM
So ... we have another new show on History Channel. "Mountain Men". Now Ustus entrusted Justin to sight in his rifle. Ustus is the mountain man with the long Willy Nelson grey braids. He's a mountain man that can't sight in his own rifle. And ... he later went deer hunting and shot at a deer. Narrator says the "rifle MISFIRED". Ustus made a poor hit on the deer ... so the narrator says the rifle misfired. eye rolling smiley OK ... the narrator doesn't know his misfire from his elbow. But ... next scene ... Ustus is all distressed ... the "mountain man" says ... "that rifle ain't never misfired before" stunned He goes on to whine that he just gots to find that deer, cause he needs something to eat. (Ask the camera crew for a slice of pizza Ustus!) What a crock!!!
A Mountain Man says his rifle misfired when it didn't hit where he wanted it to hit, because he left another guy do the sight in. All the blame goes to the young dude who twisted the scope knobs. Yeah .. right. I've seen enough to know where this series is going. Even sadder

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2012 03:11AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: What a CROCK!
June 15, 2012 03:47AM
Also ... "Tom" is an elderly man who lives in Alaska. Out in the rough stuff. With his wife. He's gone out to set two traps. Been gone for four hours. That's too long.
So, Tom's wife calls their neighbor Tim. Tim goes to look for Tom. Camera close ups go on and on about how Tom would look for Tim if things were reversed. That's what you do there. Tom would climb a mountain for Tim. Tim would do the same for Tom. Tim doesn't mind helping Tom's wife. She can't go look for Tom. Tim's going to go look ... just as soon as he gets done patting himself on the back ...
Well, the narrator breaks in on Tim's back patting ... Tom lives a mile from the river. We now see Tim slogging through snow up to his knees. Snow is falling hard. He's punching through the snow crust, weaving to get his balance. Bushes slapping him side to side. Break open shotgun open, over his shoulder. Narrator comes back in ... Tom's been gone 4 hours. He could be anywhere in a radius of 20 miles. 20 miles! If that old fart can average five miles of terrain, in those conditions in each hour ... nobody has to worry about him. why me
June 15, 2012 03:53AM
Now Tim is following Tom's path. Tim's getting tired. The cold is getting to him. The camera shows his feet ... and .... I swear ... the tracks he's following are going the wrong way. The tracks have heel prints coming from the direction Tim's going. Tom's either back home with his wife ... or he's a gonner with this guy tracking him .... I'm just saying ... knucklehead
June 15, 2012 04:20AM
Thank God. Tom was just screwing around looking for Otter signs. But Ustus examined a slab of firewood Justin had used as a target to sight in Ustus' rifle (they showed Ustus with a classic Savage, a Winchester 94 type rifle, and a pump shotgun during this segment - always indicating it was the same thread) ... well ... Ustus decided Justin just has to leave Turtle Island. It's a hard blow for Justin ... but Ustus can't tolerate incompetence (like a mountain man who can't sight in a scope?)
Now ... Marty had trouble with his snowmobile. Rough conditions out there. Narrator says he decided it needed a NEW ENGINE. stunned So he hiked 10 MILES back to his cabin to get a new one. stunned stunned Then, he carried one, in his pack ... back the ten miles. Now he's in the snow ... in the brush ... in like minus 30 degrees weather ... having carried a snowmobile engine 10 miles on his back. It's time to swap it out with the old one - right there. stunned why me stunned So; he starts ... bare handed ... while the narrator explains that Marty's hands are cold. So ... Marty breaks off some dead pine twigs, lays them in the snow, and casually starts a roaring fire. next scene Marty has nice thick charcoal sticks roaring ... and his hands are fine now. He can go back and finish the trivial job of TEARING DOWN A SNOWMOBILE and replacing it's engine, clutch, exhaust, belts, fuel lines, throttle cables, and .... brick wall brick wall brick wall ... without dropping a nut, bolt, washer.
Couple of pulls, and the engine starts right up. Not before the narrator indicates if this thing doesn't start, Marty is screwed. Why? He can hike 20 MILES in the snow - 10 carrying a SNOWMOBILE ENGINE on his back!!!!! Marty then runs into a tree, and breaks the steering mechanism. No sweat (well, of course after the narrator indicates Marty could quickly become bear snack material) ... but Marty chops down a pine sapling (not too well, he misses a bit with the ax) ...and McGyvers the steering rig back together. Narrator says the "Branch" Marty cut from a tree worked. Branch.
Marty now says that ... "sometimes he wonders what he's doing out there". more confused But it passes quickly.
I kept waiting for Chevy Chase to walk on screen ......
June 15, 2012 05:10AM
I'm sooo glad I don't have a television.

Keep me posted on the highlights.Pipe smoker

Lon
June 15, 2012 04:13PM
Better yet, don't...sad smiley

Is everyone fed up with "reality" TV yet? Especially reality TV about Alaska. It was fun at first, but that wore off a LONG time ago.
June 15, 2012 09:17PM
There appears to be no end to the stupidity of "reality" TV. I never watch those shows, they're all crap designed for the dumbest amongst us. Obviously, the producers don't think they've hit bottom on the IQ scale yet and are able to attract ads for chips or mister fusions or whatever those shows sell. It's sad.

Some kid thinks he just learned something about life in Alaska... brick wall
June 15, 2012 09:27PM
MR FUSION doesn't arrive until next Thursday. Gee ... THANKS JERRY .... Even sadder Bet the spray on socks won't WORK EITHER!!!! eye rolling smiley
June 15, 2012 09:34PM
Oh no, the spray on socks work great with the toesy shoes... grinning smiley
June 16, 2012 09:48PM
I'm waiting for my jetpack and hover car.

Been seeing them on TV since I was five years old, and they're STILL not ready!angry smiley
June 18, 2012 05:39PM
I haven't seen or heard of that show, sounds like lots of other reality type shows. They focus more on the drama than what the show was about in the first place, ie American Chopper.

Was currently enjoying Duck Dynasty. Funny bunch of self proclaimed rednecks, although, millionaires.

I like the show as seems to be clean, hardly any swearing and I just find it so funny smiling smiley

Pedro
June 19, 2012 07:34PM
Reality TV? simple solution: turn the channel, or just turn it off
But sometimes its a train wreack and you just cant stop watching.....grinning smiley
June 19, 2012 08:42PM
Yeah, but ... Ya pay the monthly for the 300 channels. You think there just has to be SOMETHING on. I mean, you are watching the HISTORY CHANNEL for Pete's sake. why me

Note to self .... "lower expectations yet again ..."

Good to see ya Dan.

Gary
June 20, 2012 12:28AM
Just pulled the trigger on buying a new TV the other night. Pretty soon, I'll be able to watch 300 channels of crap in 3D. Isn't that great! Bang!
Anonymous User
June 21, 2012 09:10PM
I want to buy a trailer with 10 black powder barrel,s for 11,000. Almost forgot about the custom paint. Wait,,, I want that pink 45 too.
June 21, 2012 11:53PM
Sounds like a waste of both the trailer and the out-of-a-catalog barrels. Frankly, with work like that, I'd expect them to pay ME for ruining both items.self-hammer
June 22, 2012 01:13AM
Right. Love the WWII olive drab paint with the flat-white Star .... on a War of 1812 technology pc. (on a 1972 garden tractor trailer).

Those guys have a real eye for detail.

I'm looking for a yard trailer as an undercarriage for your Yukon Don. laughing
Anonymous User
June 25, 2012 12:31AM
What you decide is fine with me. DO you have a pink barrel option?
June 25, 2012 01:05AM
hahah.

No, not yet. I'm practicing though.

wink
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021