Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hi Guys. Bit of an Update here. Things are ok. I’ll keep the read short-ish ... typing

Hi Guys. Bit of an Update here. Things are ok. I’ll keep the read short-ish ... typing
June 13, 2020 12:26AM
Thanks for reading.

First ... the work on Pistols a month ago wasn’t a tease. And the sidetrack wasn’t just a lack of discipline. I’m coming back around to that.

I’ve felt pretty rough recently. Others have had it far worse. So I haven’t wanted to fuss. Still, when enough stuff hurts bad enough, it ruins time and plans no matter. I’m way behind on treatments. It’s now time to correct that. You know many of the delays to all of our lives.

It’s still been a required goal solve the need for income while I work on longer projects, ledger projects, or alternative projects. My work with the hollow ground Pack 97 Series showed promise. To have it come on line as a steady product, I needed tooling. And I needed to prototype models. That has been a big project. Nothing simple is as simple as it appears.

We will be blessed to have some of our Grandkids visit over the Summer. It’s turned out that life at BPS can be quite isolated. We are thrilled to have family coming and going over the next few months. I’ll work all the way thru, but there has been prep and maintenance required. And, doing so while feeling awful isn’t as fun as it sounds. Ha.

I have wanted to shoot more. And will get to that. But some prep is needed. No biggie. Just prep.

I’m also in plans to print a 1970s style catalog flier for about a dozen jewelry pieces. Yes ... I’ve heard of the Internet. It’s real easy to click off. You need the type of “buy it now” with endless linkages and options. I can’t do that. I’ve tried several times. It’s expensive. It’s complicated. If you “know someone”, well they’re going to be busy. And, if you want to do what people expect ... then each item offered requires a specific link, tag, whatever. Then ... when you sell that ... you have to undo it. In short, life isn’t kind to one off Artists making unique items. I’m sure you have the answers and I’ll listen. But making simple set ups isn’t simple in my world.

I’ve kept the Forum running. I’d like to continue it. But you know I’ve been begging for participation for 12 years. My “Artistry, Craftsmanship, and Detail”, is pretty good. But I get so little help with making it flow into a self sustaining life form.

And so I’m continuing to do my best. That 97 Pack Knife, a few more, and some Kitchen knives are coming. Thank you for reading.

Blessings
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2020 12:28AM by barnespneumatic.
Howdy Gary
That catalog sounds pretty cool . I’d definitely like one to show friends and family. I’ve bragged a lot about your talent but a catalog is a good idea .

Also you better keep me on the top of that list for kitchen knives . I’m dying for a small cleaver for chopping. Anyways summer is on the way and dang it’s going to be HOT !
I’m glad your buried in the pines so you can get some shade . Don’t let them grandchildren run you raggedy. I’ll bet your the best grandpa EVER!
Take care my friend
Re: Hi Guys. Bit of an Update here. Things are ok. I’ll keep the read short-ish ... typing
June 17, 2020 12:24AM
Thank You Kurt,

I appreciate your friendship.
I’ll make you a couple of Kitchen knives. I’ll think of the cleaver. How wide/long. I’ll have to get my heat treat furnace out

Back
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021