Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bi-pod mount point?

Bi-pod mount point?
June 09, 2020 10:31AM
Hi Gary:

I've pulled out my Victory 32 stainless pistol and am going to put a bi-pod on it. Looks like you already set a mount point into the stock. It is a flat circular "plate" with a small hex-head screw holding it in. I'm assuming that comes out with an Allen key and then the swivel stud screws into its place?

My main question, what size / type of threads should the swivel stud have? An Amazon search shows many different varieties.

Hope you guys are well!

-- Jim
Re: Bi-pod mount point?
June 09, 2020 08:22PM
Hi Jim,

That machine screw is threaded into the wedding ring Reservoir tube Clamp. That’s the front stock mount.

I make a nice socket for it to finish it off and so the screw isn’t threaded up tight against the reservoir tube. Some are drilled and threaded all the way they the base lug in the ring. Some are a blind bottom hole. Either way I limit the screw length carefully.

There is a brand of mounts and sockets that go by the “Uncle Mike’s” name. They have quick disconnect pcs. They require a clean accurate hole to be drilled and the base mount threads into the wood. I’ve used them successfully. If you ever decide, take the action out of the stock. Don’t chance it. Use a razor sharp Forster bit. Nothing else. Cover the stock area with good Auto Masking or Wide Electrical Tape. Drill THRU the tape. Mark the drill for depth first.
June 09, 2020 08:45PM
I had this Pack in a drawer. They are for a sling but the bi-pod ones are similar.

I was either wrong or somevare different. These don’t thread in, they are epoxied in. For a two part epoxy Mount, you’d do as I instructed. Drill thru tape. Then let the tape on afterwards. Undercut just a bit down inside the socket. Maybe a few ring cuts down inside. Clean the metal plug. Mix and apply glue. Aspirin size of each part approx. Set the part (WITH THE ATTACHMENT STUD IN PLACE AND REGISTERED),thru tape. Let the surplus epoxy ooze in place (plan so there isn’t a quart of ooze but a small rubber band looking ring on the tape is fine. About five minutes in, use a toothpick and see if the ooze ring is still sticky or if it’s now rubbery. When it’s about like poking a rubber band consistency ... pick the ring off with the toothpick. 100% of residue should come off with it and leave all clean. Then remove the tape. Don’t draw a bipod against it for 24 hours.

Gary
D9BB0A1F-BEDA-4AEA-8133-8523A9B678BB.jpeg
June 10, 2020 02:17AM
Yeah, nope . . . it will be just fine without the bi-pod. electrified No way I'm chancing anything going south with the stock.

-- Jim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 23
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021