Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Found in the Woods ...

Found in the Woods ...
June 15, 2012 06:10PM
Probably early Anasazi. It was on the property, under a tarp, up by the gardens. I asked the previous owner about it. He "Claimed" he and his boys had built it as a project. Suuuuuure they did .... whistling
Has a snowmobile variable speed centrifical clutch, 5.5 hp engine. Three pulls and it was running. Thank you Stabil Fuel addative. Said the rest was garden tractor parts.
Well, it had a busted axle hub to frame mount. (Couple of long drywall screws fixed that - since the frame is all wood). Had a flat tire. (Can O Slime). Chain kept slipping off (Oak chain tightener rub rail on loose side of chain - more dry wall screws). And ... the grandkids were arriving. Take a look ...next comment ...
Re: Found in the Woods ...
June 15, 2012 06:11PM
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

CLICK ON THE RED X ... WORKED FOR ME

Hahaha. Speechless! Priceless. Hahaha.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2012 06:20PM by barnespneumatic.
June 15, 2012 07:05PM
SAFTY SAFTY SAFTY dont think roll bar is tall enough no seat belts no hard hat you are one wild and crazy guy flintstone brakes or what???you could pull the war wagon with that and call it the rat patrol gotta paint a number on that rig though like maybe BR549 Jr samples .Looks like a good time did you let anybody else get a turn? He haw hehaw hehaw

Thanks
Kurt
June 15, 2012 09:23PM
Hi Kurt,

Oh ... yuck it up big boy! hahaha. Yes - actually, there is a drum brake with band around the outside of the drum. Works and squeaks much. hahah. The roll bar was cut down and rewelded from a Jeep unit I hear. I fear it's a bit light though ... laughing However; the "Jake Brake" works well enough that the squeak break isn't really needed.

Actually, yes - I let my 8 year old grandson and 13 year old granddaughter drive. However; the drive wheel is on the driver's side. With just them on that side ... it just spins in the gravel. Even ballast (me) on the other side, doesn't work. So: my Son (their father) hung off the driver's side like an outrigger canoe - to put weight over the drive wheel. Eventually, I'll figure a way. Permanent positive traction would not allow it to steer. A hub with cam drive may be needed.

Suprisingly, it has plenty of power. Winds up pretty well. Has some good parts. The kids had a blast.

Gary
June 15, 2012 09:22PM
Hey, are you the only one who gets to drive? LOL!
June 16, 2012 03:11AM
Caden and Haylee both drove it. winking smiley.

Hey, do you guys think perhaps everyone else is waiting for something ... unexpected? laughing. "gee... just Gary in a micro-hummer again ... whistling. Hahaha. cooler
June 16, 2012 03:14AM
To bad you didn't move & find that 'Monster Truck' a year or soi ago, i had a 20hp twin cyl mower engine wit a horizontal shaft out both sides. Can you say Posi Traction!!
June 16, 2012 01:32PM
Wow Rick,
I'd have bought that engine just to put it in the living room! You bring a tear to my eye. Twin cyclinder 20 - left and right shaft .... a_Whaaaah.jpg
June 16, 2012 09:43PM
Put a snow tire with knobby tread on the drive wheel, keep the slicks on the rest. Or, convert it into a two-forward / one back trike.

Of course, we all know that ain't gonna happen. You watch, a couple years from now we'll see it with a NASCAR V-8 , a Tremec 4 speed, and dirt-track mags on a Ford 9" axle. Full tube frame, roll-cage, 5-point harnesses, the works.

He'll tell Kelly "it's for the grandkids" and she'll pretend to believe him. winking smiley
June 16, 2012 11:25PM
Yeah ... she would too. hahah.

No - it needs to stay pretty pure to concept. Just poke and patch stuff.

Now - the intershop railway .... now THERE is room for ... maybe a mono-rail? Old school ... concrete Jersey wall with a truck tire rig running atop and straddled? hahah. Like the old Disney / World's Fair design. Don't even suggest Mag-Lev. I don't want all my atoms pointing in the same direction all the time. hahah.

Gary
June 17, 2012 07:48PM
Hey, I just got back from a week in Seattle. The monorail from the '62 Worlds fair is still making a run every ten minutes all day, every day. It's a thought...
June 17, 2012 08:02PM
Yes - that is a great design. So simple. So easy to repair. No wonder you never saw it anyplace else. scholar
June 17, 2012 09:22PM
Ain't that the truth.!
June 19, 2012 07:38PM
Helmets? for you and the passengers.....
June 19, 2012 08:45PM
Well, I have to admit the 3-5 mph in the driveway didn't bring that to mind. Perhaps the lack of helmets previously effected my judgement ... winking smiley
June 20, 2012 12:40AM
Well, after the detroit locker and the nitrous and the 3000 psi air system to help the turbo spool up faster...helmets will be in order! laughing
June 20, 2012 01:54AM
Great ideas Jerry!

By Golly, we'll need retinal scan heads up displays with tracking chain guns .. or ... whatever else the kids are wearing these days. Haha. ;?). We'll be safe, but nothin' else will!!! Aha hahaaaahh bahwaaaah.
June 20, 2012 05:27PM
Actually, the kids will probably be fine with the 5 hp Briggs and Stratton. They will, however, require bluetooth connectivity, an onboard DVR, a high-speed wi-fi connection, ten-inch GPS navigation screen, and a separate headset jacks and Ipod ports with wireless volume control for every seat.

The apple-crate seats and single-wheel drive are fine, but the internet connection had better be lightning fast. typing
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021