Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Corn on the Range

Corn on the Range
June 16, 2012 01:46PM
No, it's not a typo. Wish it were.

I made a trip over to the range field I've used for years, and found it full of knee high corn stalks. Can't shoot there - at least in our "encampment" format.

Some months ago, I thought I'd seen "drill tracks". A drill is the farm impliment that plants seed. It has a knife wheel that cuts rows of slits (adjustable for row width) ... then seed boxes drop in the seeds ... then disc wheels cover the seed trench. A small scar is left. I didn't know if they had reseeded the hay field to renew it ... or if they were rotating crops to something else. Well ... yeah .... they did. To corn.

That field is in a little bowl - safe to shoot. All other fields are flat and not available for shooting. That creates a problem. Those of you who have a place at home to shoot ... that's very, very fortunate. I've had to bum a spot to shoot - of join a distant range club. Then, the clubs nag you to do work days, clean up the rivers in the area, man the recycling shed, carry refridgerators, put new tile floors in the club house ... or ... the guy shows up to mow the range and shuts you down as soon as you get set up.

I shall have to hover along the road to test a few shots off the tailgate. And ... this is one major reason I purchased another property to establish;

Gary
Re: Corn on the Range
June 16, 2012 09:45PM
Just get a stepladder and a pair of 9-foot-tall shooting sticks and you're all set. Either that, or you're gonna have to get a major lift kit for the War Wagon. grinning smiley Got room in there for a scissor lift?
June 16, 2012 11:21PM
Got room in there for a scissor lift?

Yes Sean, but when I activate the sissor lift - it will compress me against the roof. This sounds like a Govt. Spec. application. stunned
June 17, 2012 07:49PM
Nah, mount it between the frame and the box. When you get there, just hit the button and TA DA! Instant skybox. grinning smiley
June 17, 2012 09:28PM
No Problem. Just Shoot Downhill ! TaDa..... Problem solved.take a bow
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021