Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Power out from local Tornados

Power out from local Tornados
June 23, 2012 03:23AM
Without power as result of local tornados. As many as 10 tornados hit Md. Between 2:30 and 7:30 pm. Thousands are without power. We are included. Seems like it was a bunch of small ones. Little serious damage.

It's hot, muggy, and waaay too quiet. Creepy. Haha. I can hear conversation thru the open window. Who in the world is sitting out there, in the dark, in the heat, and just chatting? stunned. Got to be the aliens who zapped our power grid and plan to take over Earth!!! Snowman. I mean ... alien

winking smiley

Gary
Re: Power out from local Tornados
June 23, 2012 08:27AM
When you think about it, a bit of rough weather is good training for Florida living. Now all you need is some torrential rainfall, a few microbursts, and you'll feel right at home!laughing again

Glad to hear that one of the "little" tornadoes didn't intercept the hollow tree shop, you've got enough on your plate already. After all, a tornado would be sort of redundant while you're moving. winking smiley
June 23, 2012 05:59PM
Wow, I had no idea! All we got here was a little drizzle... Sitting around in the dark gets one to thinking about generators....
June 23, 2012 08:19PM
Got one ... In Florida. winking smiley
June 23, 2012 11:27PM
BTW. power came back on at midnight. Just long enough for us to close the windows and high five. Then it went out again. Came back and stayed on about 2 am. By then we were sitting around a fire of brokennup dining room chairs. Taking turns on watch, with a crude spear fashioned from a floor lamp. one-eyed
Anonymous User
June 24, 2012 10:05PM
We are getting hammered by a tropical stormmmmmmm.
June 24, 2012 10:49PM
Did you see my house float by yet Don? ;?)

Gary
Anonymous User
June 25, 2012 12:19AM
Floating past my house and down the street. There was a beatiful round staircase and a bunch of slate from a roof.,;[-='''//;;..
June 25, 2012 01:12AM
Nah .,,, now I KNOW you are foolin'. I'm in that house in Md. hahah. I was afraid the Florida place had washed away. But, we just looked at the weather down there. Weather guy said we only got light rain. Same when we were there last. Everywhere around was getting pounded. We got rain, but no where as severe as an hour circle around us. Hope we picked a good one.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 6
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021