Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bison testing - MORE PICS - RANGE

Bison testing - MORE PICS - RANGE
June 25, 2012 05:12PM
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Shooting the new 56 caliber slug. A copy of the 283 grain bullet head. Pretty good performance @ 2,800 psi.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

The specs.

Gary

Bison.jpg

Pic of the completed Bison with a 4X shotgun scope afixed for some testing.

Corn.jpg

Went over to what USED TO BE my range field. Guess the farmer figured he could just go ahead and plant corn! The nerve. hahahah. Good thing I'm moving.

RangeCornSetup.jpg

My War Wagon is in Florida with much of my range stuff. So; it was "tailgating" and slim pickin's for equipment.

464 grain 56 Bison - leaning pose.jpg

I had the rifle laying over a tool box, and I was sort of spratlegged hunching over the tailgate. Not the perfect set up to wring out the best accuracy potential, but it did pretty well. Especially since I have not shot anything for months. (And the sun was in my eyes ... and wolves were glaring from the shadows ... and .... )

Bullethead56.jpg

The bulletheads are super fast. I think I might tighten them up some. Make an alteration to the mold as I did to tune the bigger slugs.

This rig is about finished. Fine rifle. Very sharp crack and seems effecient.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2012 10:55PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Bison testing
June 25, 2012 06:48PM
That's stepping right along for 280 grains, especially at that fill pressure.

Lacking any evidence to the contrary, I'm assuming that this one provided a sucessful first-fire without any accompanying maxio-facial trauma. rolling happy smiley
Re: Bison testing
June 26, 2012 01:00AM
That loks good! Another completed package! thumbs up
Re: Bison testing - MORE PICS - RANGE
June 26, 2012 12:33PM
So, aren't you going to miss the old range? Ahh, the memories. crying

-- Jim
June 26, 2012 01:30PM
Hi Jim,

Yeah ... hey ... you're gonna think about that dozen plus times I invited you when you couldn't come. on the phone haha. Something about work or whatever. hourglass Ah .... like sands thru the hourglass .....

I'll get another range set up. Hey - you like Florida. Just a bit longer drive for that Vette. winking smiley

Gary
Anonymous User
June 26, 2012 11:20PM
Now that is nice compact and powerful. I am sure that the owner will be happy.
June 27, 2012 05:53AM
Again...where would you be without your trusty 4 x Simmons turkey scope.

Probably the best $89 you ever spent. laughing again
June 27, 2012 12:37PM
Those little scopes have never let me down. I think I retain four of them, and have let a couple go on guns. That diamond reticle is very useful too. thumbs up
June 27, 2012 10:13PM
Anyone would be proud to own, shoot, show off and hunt with that gun You are a fine craftsman Gary !!! Thanks for sharing the progression.Well better go have to wipe the drool of my keyboard, keys are gettinstickyyyyyyyyy

Thanks
Kurt
June 27, 2012 11:34PM
Thks Don.
I know you will enjoy yours. Anxious To get back to the work where I have room to turn around. I hope it allows more efficient working on the multiple projects always running.
Face down in a beef stew and cornbread shortly!
Gary
Anonymous User
June 29, 2012 12:40AM
NO stair,s no freezing cold for month,s, are you able to shoot on your property? That would be a major advantage for you and your future research. I forgot about the insurance mess and a very high roof. Dinner sound,s great.....
June 29, 2012 05:55AM
Almost home. Truck and trailer doing well.

Bagged it for tonight. Drive on in tomorrow.

Should be able to shoot at home Don. I will get properly set up before just blasting away. Backers. Explore the "beyond". Post a few signs. Hopefully that will work.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021