Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sitting here in the light

Sitting here in the light
June 30, 2012 04:43AM
So what is it with Maryland and severe weather these days? I've got the generator running as storms have knocked the power and internet out. I can light the house but have to use the phone for the net.

Naturally, I was at the pub when the power went out and had to come home on a rescue mission...
Re: Sitting here in the light
June 30, 2012 01:51PM
It's because "The Light of Maryland" (as those who know call me) ... has been withdrawn. sunny

Maryland had it's chance!
laughing
June 30, 2012 02:00PM
I could make a bunch of snarky comments about how the stimulus money could have been used to actually, you know, fix infrastructure instead of being stolen by our governor to balance his budget and increase spending, but I'll resist the temptation. brick wall

Unless you're a gov't employee or a poor minority, MD sucks. If you're a small business owner, it's hell. Gary has the right idea . . . I see another condo back in South Tampa in our not-so-distant future.

-- Jim
July 01, 2012 10:14PM
The Wash/Balt mega-city is going to envelope the entire seaboard thereabouts at some point, it's just a matter of time. Get enough government-fed drones accumulated in one spot and the overall common-sense level drops to negative numbers while the property tax mil rate climbs in reverse proportion.
July 01, 2012 10:48PM
The Maryland light.... Oh brother! If you were the light, why did you live on the dark side? laughing again

Everytime I drove to go shoot, I'd have to drive around the cluster that rotorhead holds in such high esteem and then at the same spot, everytime, the weather would change! On a great day the temperature would just drop a couple degrees, on a cloudy day it would start raining, on a cold day it would start snowing...

Man, without you, those folks are in for some real pain!
July 03, 2012 12:25AM
I prefer: "The Light of Maryland" (as it's stiched on the cape). (Which is now for sale on Craig's List BTW)

Now ... I've become known as "The Drip of DeFuniak" .... as it has barely ceased to rain since I began looking down here. All of the people I met then, spoke of how very, very dry it had been .... for so long. Now ... they all ask if it will ever stop raining. whistling

laughing
July 03, 2012 06:47PM
Hey! Sounds like the summer up here. It's been mid 50's and raining since spring, down in Juneau they were calling last month "June-uary". It's been a bummer of a summer so far, except for two days in the eighties with flawless blue sky, endless sunshine, and flat-calm water. Just enough to remind you of what you're missing.More sad
July 03, 2012 10:05PM
You all in Alaska get different weather any ways .The ping pong ball hail and 60mph winds and speratic torrential rain fall we gitin here in Michigan has to be on the way thru Maryland 90 to 100 deg HEAT isnt helping much either !!!!! We need the rain but wheat is crowning and the poor farmers have to be gittin damage not harvesting fast enough but corn looks good

Thanks
Kurt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021