Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thursday - Maryland

Thursday - Maryland
July 12, 2012 03:11PM
Another huge load of my shop is heading south. That's the third load. The fourth load is mostly loaded in my trailer. The trailers get loaded with weight before they get loaded with volume.

I'm off to buy steel to make a set of bucket forks to go on the lift bucket loader of my tractor. I'll need those to remove and place machinery.

More later.

Gary
Re: Thursday - Maryland
July 12, 2012 10:16PM
Watch out with that roll bar some of them are folding most are strong enough take out header in a shed or do trailer damage !! The 3 point hitch forks (cheep at the tractor store @100 bucks or so) will pick a lot of weight are also real handy (bucket of counter weight in front) can hardly build for that price .Pallets are very usefull also.Gotta love them implements dont think i ever saw a 3point chipper though i have to google them

Thanks
Kurt
July 13, 2012 02:08AM
Hi Kurt,

Yeah ... steel for a set of bucket forks is $200. Don't ask me how I know ... whistling
And then I usually charge myself ... oh ... ten bucks to weld them together. haha.

They will be very nice for delicate placement of items. Might get the set for the back you mention - load on some counterweight there. Lots of options. No two jobs use the same set of tools.

I'll let you know how the chipper works.

Hey - story for you. My chipper was ordered to go to Florida addy. I paid extra shipping to get it there quick while I was still down there. The person who took the order (and arranged the extra shipping) never mentioned that they had some down time for July 4th. Well, when I never got a comfirmation of shippment ... I became concerned for my time schedule. I called. Lady there said ... "Oh ... no ... that won't even go OUT until THURSDAY". I was to leave for home about 4am Saturday. We had a discussion about not being able to cancel the order ... hummm ... and me not being there for it's new arrival date. "Well, can you AT LEAST change the delivery addy to Maryland?" If it won't go out for days yet - should be no issue". She says ... "Well ... I don't think we can .... " I say ... "PLEASE TRY".

Well, they called later in the day. They'd changed the del. to Md. Good - thanks very much. Now ... it was supposed to come Mon. or Tuesday. I had to be there to sign AND remove it from the truck.

We're driving home Sat., we get a call from Kelly's Dad. He'd been down to care for our dogs. Said there was a note on the door saying a pc. of equipment had been delivered - and it was in the carport - BUT - they'd looked and could not find it. Hummm.

Later, Kelly spoke to her sister when she was down to tend to things at the house. She said NOW the pc. of equipment was visible - and was in our driveway! AND our yard trailer had been pushed in front of it to sort of hide it. stunned Who had unloaded it? Who had signed for it? Who had hid it and then brought it back???

No more info. available.

We get home. We see the origonal note left. It's from the funeral director. There's a funeral home across the street from our home. Usually, when a tractor trailer arrives and stops in our street out front ... it's CASKETS for the funeral home. I know ... just like at your place. winking smiley
Well ... the mortician had met with the truck driver ... found out the shipment was for me. Found we were not at home. The driver was gonna take the chipper back. The funeral director kindly decided to sign for it. And, he got some labor to unload it. They put it in the covered drive thru area off the funeral home's front porch! Thus the note - machinery in "car port". He'd also reported they'd put a car in front of it, and one in back of it - sort of as security.

As darkness approached and I'd not been home, he'd gotten labor to remove it to my driveway. That's right. Thus: For the afternoon ... across the street at the funeral home ... you could have witnessed the scene of a Funeral home, with two Hursts sandwiching a huge WOOD CHIPPER! By Golly ... now THAT is FULL SERVICE!!!!!!

You can NOT make this stuff up!!!! laughing You see what happens when you try to help people!!! winking smiley

I appreciate the help. The thought. But I hate the rumors that are bound to circulate .... grinning smiley

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2012 02:21AM by barnespneumatic.
July 13, 2012 01:56PM
wow hope you get good neighbors like that at your new place also ! Iam sure you will but as with the shipping with anything it can never be easy. That is why i will almost always drive many hours to auctions to bid and take possesion like i did with your air cane!! you just cant trust the help will do correctly like some members of this forum stated they were highest bidder but didnt get a gun WHAT THE HECK!! cant trust any body like that to ship and pack get the addy correct or the correct lot number in box for shipping and the there is the truc king company hubs airports plane transfers OK now my blood preasure up better stop and git cappucino

Thanks
Kurt
July 13, 2012 08:04PM
Hi Kurt,

That's why I do everything myself too. Why I'm doing this move. Honestly - whenever I let one step out of my control, it turns to crap.
Well, that is ... now we have an exception. Kent delivered his trailer full of my shop to Florida. Guess you CAN get good help. But - you can't just up and generate it when you need it. It must be offered. I sure appreciate it.

There's another surprise in the works too. I'll wait to see how it processes.

My shop floor is poured in Florida. Just need some tarps over that now ... ;?)

The "Slick" cart did a magnificant job. Then, it was mortally wounded. We repaired it - and got one more machine out of it. And now ... it is toast. R.I.P. Slick. Slick 2 is under build. It's all steel and rated to move at least 900 lbs. I've been sourcing the materials. The welding gas - wheels ... all to weld the weekend away. That and the bucket forks.

No rest for the moving crew.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021