Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Barnes Pneumatic South is Open!

Barnes Pneumatic South is Open!
January 24, 2013 02:22AM
I'll post some pics later. But I'm pleased with some great progress.

If you have built complicated systems (of any type) you will know that you ONLY proof your work by running your system. That will show your weaknesses AND your STRENGTHS! As I've explained, my set of shops is not comete. But; I've been able to run some areas which are key to my work. I need to give you some brief background.

I have been courteously declining custom orders for some years now. It has been the only ethical thing to do since I'm behind in my work. It has been impossible to decline work without passing up relationships with good people who appreciate my work. Recently, I made the acquaintance of a gentleman who has gone about establishing a collection of my work - apart from my help. After corresponding, I decided to offer my only completed rifle to add to his collection. And thus; I've sold my Yukon Orion 62. I know, I know.

This gentlemen appreciated that the rifle was the prototype for the Orion Class, prototype of the hard color anodized case harden pattern - and was built as my personal rifle. It passed in conversation; that the rifle had canvas for anticipated future stock carving. Since I'm now set up for this phase of my work, I'm working in the studio to complete this project.

Please keep in mind that the remainder of the work I do requires that five shops full of equipment and tooling be 100% set up and organized. The artwork of deep relief stock carving requires my brain, eye, hand, pencil, eraser, magic enchanted sharpie, and my carving tools. I'm delighted that the pencil and sharpie have not forgotten how to draw. The eraser has had very little work to do. I proofed the carving tools the other day. They also seem to remember.

I will show you my progress later. It is a delight to be working on something which will have been created at my new work home. For some time, I've had a term in my mind to refer to my new complex of shops. Kelly and I love the setting. It's simple and yet very relaxing. We enjoy the grove of trees and the needles and cones upon the ground. I believe I shall make it official and refer to our complex here as "Studio Pines, Florida".

Thanks for caring to read along
God Bless,
Gary
Anonymous User
Re: Barnes Pneumatic South is Open!
January 24, 2013 02:47AM
That is great to hear and i know your customer will enjoy YOUR rifle. I thought you was going to keep at least one.I am more than sure you will dream a different creation. Studio pines came much quicker than i thought and it is amazing how pleasant and serene it is. I bet you do not miss the weather and how cold it is right now. A person on the CNN weather channel was throwing boiling water in the air and it turned into snow. AWESOME job Gary and patiently awaiting your first rifle from your new home. Best luck and fantastic job.....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 7
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021