Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Saturday part 1

Saturday part 1
March 22, 2009 09:33PM
Gary and I had a great day at the range on Saturday. I have so many pictures and videos that I need to split them into two posts! I'll put just stills into this post and save the videos for part 2 for archiving later.

Range day.jpg
That was the range set-up. Note the generator out there to keep us in hot coffee. We really are a little nuts about this stuff... drinking smiley

Targets.jpg
field.jpg
Target field is ready with targets from 50-100 yards.

back view.jpg
Looking back from the 100 yard spot.

about ready.jpg
Shooting stations are about set.

Gary.jpg
Time for a quick cup of joe...

group.jpg
I was shooting various slugs to see what the drop was and managed to toss in a decent group. This was at 100 yards and my aimpoint was on another target and offset some. I didn't re-zero the scope to shoot groups, I was just getting a feel for drop so I could pop all those steel critters. Well, after the first two Bishops hit pretty close, I just shot three more and had a nice group to show off.

group2.jpg
Right about an inch center to center. Not bad for the first and only group of the day.

eye.jpg
I got my hold-over figured out pretty good. Got this guy right in the eye at about 75 yards.

nose.jpg
Right in the nose from 85 yards. I had to take a picture!

gopher.jpg
While I was shooting, Gary made this gopher target out of duct seal. Poor guy, he was about to have a really tough day!
Re: Saturday part 1
March 22, 2009 10:35PM
Good Heavens! That pic of Gary...he looks ... old and ... fossilized!!! laughing again
Couldn't you maybe use a stick ... to prop his head up ... or something??? winking smiley

Well, it was a great day (in spite of being fossilized). haha.

Ya know ... I have enough duct seal for about two more of those gophers! heheh.

Just FYI ... the Gopher weighs about 8 pounds. And, he can REALLY take a punch.

Gary
March 23, 2009 04:47AM
Hey Gary--how about a full sized white tailed BUCK. It's probably the only one you'll ever see!!! Sorry-couldn't resist. You could shoot it for practice just in case you ever see a real one. hehehe!!!!!
March 23, 2009 05:08AM
Oh, that's cold! surprised
March 23, 2009 12:19PM
Yuck, yuck, yuck. Very funny. winking smiley

Wait until you see a request for $400 worth of duct seal come across your desk ... eye popping smiley Who's laughing now??? rolling happy smiley

wink.

Gary
March 23, 2009 05:44AM
Gary,

I don't think you look that old. I removed the sunglasses and touched up the lighting with Photoshop.

It's all about lighting Gary.
Gary2.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2009 05:45AM by Bigbore.
March 23, 2009 11:53AM
Heheheh Lon . . . rolling happy smiley too funny!

-- Jim
March 23, 2009 12:41PM
Yeah Lon ... it was the ... ah ... lighting!! Yeah, that's it!!! Boy, it was really terrible in that first pic!! heheh.

Thanks for getting my back bud!

Gary
March 23, 2009 06:58PM
Hehehe...did someone say "Gary has left the stadium"?laughing again

That war wagon is impressive, talk about shooting in comfort....and nice 100 yard group Jerry!

Regards
Neil
March 23, 2009 11:17PM
Thanks Neil. I should post my excuse for not hitting half MOA but I can't really. We were out to do so many things that going for groups and sighting in for an hour would have just poured water on the fun. I'm STILL laughing at the gopher! Maybe it's funnier in person or maybe I'm just that crazy but that's some funny stuff right there!
March 24, 2009 02:03PM
Neil,

So - ya like our little War Wagon do ya? Thanks. Works out really well. Makes it seem reasonable to go shooting, many more times than we would otherwise. The cold is just not an issue at all - we just have a propane tank with one of those little tank top heater units. Will run you out of there. Our big issue is co-ordinating with the farmer's crops (can't run/stomp them down), and avoiding the worst of the muddy times. Slimmy, sticking mud will really put a drag on the day.

As with most everything, organization is the key. I found I had most of the stuff for one purpose or another. Finally dawned on me to put it all together and enjoy it. A double axle that was 4' longer would have really been perfect ... (couple of lounge chairs - haha) but this does a fine job.

Now that you've seen how it's done ... you can build one too! We've shown you the way ... more innocent hehe

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 7
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021