Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Weekend Projects? Shooting?

Weekend Projects? Shooting?
April 13, 2009 08:08PM
We had a fine Easter. I trust all of you did as well.

I admit to sneaking out to the shop a couple of times over the weekend. I had a couple of wild hair projects I was determined to enjoy. Unfortunately, for me, the shop fought me tooth and nail. All I gained was some "knowledge" about what doesn't work. eye popping smiley

Anybody do any shooting? Any workshop projects?

Gary
Re: Weekend Projects? Shooting?
April 13, 2009 08:54PM
Got a Gopher Hat trick with the Phantom Menace.....

buffed out a tru-oil application. Turns out I was doing it wrong, so I'll be revisiting that project.

Spent Friday night and all day saturday at the Powwow......
April 13, 2009 10:57PM
OK, I'm sorry ..... but was any of that supposed to make sense?????? more confused

Gopher hat trick???

Phantom Menace???

tru-oil application?

Pow Wow?

I must be getting old .....
April 13, 2009 11:03PM
barnespneumatic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OK, I'm sorry ..... but was any of that supposed
> to make sense?????? more confused

Yes!

> Gopher hat trick???
Whacked 3 gophers... Hat trick is a hockey term, eh, meaning 3 goals by one player in a single game

> Phantom Menace???
My Crosman Phantom springer.... been tuned and shrouded, so its the Phantom Menace (star wars reference...)

> tru-oil application?
The gun stock finish you just rub on? Apparently there's more to it than just rubbing it on. And I need to get back to it, now that Ive read better instructions

> Pow Wow?
A native american socail gathering to socialize, dance drum and sing. Contests are held, there's usually a basketball tournament at ours, stick games are common at others

> I must be getting old .....
Arent we all? smiling smiley
April 13, 2009 09:55PM
Mulch baby mulch! We got 16 cubic yards on the ground where it's supposed to go . . . that's the equivalent of 144 3 cu. ft. bags for you mulch novices out there . . .

-- Jim
April 13, 2009 10:59PM
Bragging. whistling

Hey ... you put 144 bags of mulch on my place and it would be 4' deep. laughing again

Gary
April 14, 2009 12:15AM
Heheh . . . that might just cover the bottom of your bamboo garden. laughing again

-- Jim
April 13, 2009 10:38PM
Jim,

I had to buy some mulch from the neighbor's daughter who was raising money for her soccer team. I ended up with an actual 40 bags of the stuff. The boys got it all spread out in about an hour. What did you do with the rest of the weekend? eye rolling smiley
April 14, 2009 12:18AM
Yeah . . . well . . . lanscape fabric under everything . . . flat tire on cart . . . rain . . . beer . . . barbeque break . . . you get the idea. It's not a yard, it's an adventure!

wink

-- Jim
April 14, 2009 12:48AM
Had a great easter. It was EASTER, My BIRTHDAY and my 12th ANNIVERSARY and i spent it all in VEGAS. But i was dreaming of doing some shooting the whole weekend........LOL!!!!!
April 14, 2009 01:37AM
Wow ... sounds like you spent the weekend with your hair on fire!

Bet you were glad to get back to work to take a breath! haha.

Welcome back.

Gary
April 14, 2009 05:58AM
Gary,

Tuning a chinese springer, B28, an RWS 350 copy. It's interesting and a LOT of work, I'm eager to get it together.

Another week or two.
April 14, 2009 02:48PM
Hi Lon,

Over on the dark side (springers) are ya? haha. Don't let that spring get away from you. eye popping smiley

Gary
April 14, 2009 05:20PM
Great Easter! Spent with friends and with our kids; we (me and my son) were out of the town, countryside... at my sister's place. We ate lamb and traditional Easter foods... Some big bore shooting too and kids had trampoline. We introduced big bore PCP airgun to a friend who is not familiar with powerful airguns.

Our friend was very impressed! I showed how easily .45'' slug (300 grains) penetrates 2 X 4 inch plank and all such things.
April 14, 2009 06:47PM
That's great ... the old 2 by 4 always blows them away. I remember being stunned the first time I ever saw it too.

Gary
more than one weekend
April 15, 2009 04:24PM
I've been working on rebuilding an old boat trailer to fit my boat. Finding a used boat trailer in decent condition is rare around here, since they typically rust out faster than the boats they carry. Sure, I could just pay another $2k for a brand new one, plus another $500 for shipping, and then STILL spend a whole weekend putting it together before it would work....but...I've got plans for that money. Something about upgrading to a bigger outboard, one with a jet unit instead of a prop. Can you say river boat anyone?excited

Anyway, it's gonna take more than one weekend.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021