Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Large Portion of Sunday spent ....

Large Portion of Sunday spent ....
September 07, 2015 05:19AM
Working on Steve's 32. There were some items which needed to be completed. Such as ....

image.jpg

The manufacturer and installation of this part into the trigger group. Yes, I know .... I usually don't show detailed pics of completed parts. But I've made an exception here. thumbs up

image.jpg

I also manufactured this part from bar stock. A precise size, thickness, and bore needed.

I made a few other parts, and altered the trigger block by milling, boring, tapping, filing, and wire wheel burnishing. In the end, this is one SWEET trigger group.

image.jpg

Close now. A "Wedding Ring" stock/reservoir band, to inlay and counterbore. Sand and polish the front barrel band. Clean up and test.

They are done when they are done. The clock always runs out waaaay before.

Thks for reading,
Gary
September 07, 2015 12:00PM
Hi Gary,
Nice picturtes, thanks. It will be nice to see the finished product. I hope you guys are enjoying your holiday weekend.
Later,
Jeff
September 07, 2015 02:18PM
Holi.... ???

Oh, good grief. stunned you mean I've worked thru another Holid...

Jeff .... please let me know a few days before Christmas, will you. You know, it doesn't snow here ... I could miss the whole thing ... winking smiley

Jeff ... How is the house rebuild coming? I hope you are making some progress.

Good luck
Gary
September 07, 2015 02:42PM
Nice Gary, I think most don't understand what it takes to machine a piece like that. Maybe better to show the pile of chips,shavings and filings.
Steve
September 07, 2015 10:47PM
Thks Steve.

I started with a Model T Axle! thumbs up

Gary
September 08, 2015 01:36AM
Gary,

Started with a Model T Axel. ha ha. Like the cartoon where they used one tree to make one toothpick.

Funny.

But the rifle looks really nice so far.

Larry
September 08, 2015 01:54AM
Hi Larry!

Yeah ... thing is ... I had to buy the whole Model T. And the only one I could find was totally restored. Ah well, I needed materials ...

take a bow

Gary
September 07, 2015 06:35PM
Hi Gary,

Well you gave it away! Finally I saw the little ring and now I know your secrets behind the design for the trigger block!

Kidding aside. Rifle looks great. Love the contrast between, aluminum, steel, brass.

Have a great week!

Pedro
September 08, 2015 01:51AM
Ah Nutz Pedro!!!

Now you will be printing out Barnes Trigger Blocks. Ah well, I'd like to buy a box of them. Still 12 to a box? Good. winking smiley

Gary
September 08, 2015 01:54AM
Hey Gary,
Frustrating... At best. The house is still a mess and the repairs not done. Waiting for parts, waiting for contractors, waiting for... Well, you know - everything. You have been through it in your recent move. In the meantime, I live here. It will be done when it is done and I am making the best of it. Thanks for asking! I'll put it on the calendar, that Christmas thing and all. Thanks to you I have half of my shopping done. You will know it's closer if I come calling for another gift The Reader.
Later,
Jeff
September 08, 2015 02:19AM
I have a plan Jeff. I'm about to spring on everybody. Don't tell anyone. Spoil the surprise and all.

Might help you with your shopping too. Or else, it might give you something new - and then you can look around your place for something to regift instead. Haha. laughing again

I have several things running simultaneously. Ha! .... Several???? Hah!!!! Yeah ... And a few more. But; they do get done. This secret was a good one that was the result of a backache and general lousy all over condition when I got to work this am. I took my meds and lay down. My mind went to work and started sorting out ideas. Refining designs. After 15/20 min., my back seemed improved (or more likely I just became absorbed in one of the designs). Throughout the day then, the back room built on the concept and I began to make some tooling. I hope to have something off the bench tomorrow or Wednesday. (That's WITH moving other things along).

grinning smiley

Gary
September 12, 2015 01:58AM
I have three other items (different from the leather folder) to come off the bench tomorrow. A couple salable tomorrow - as best I can judge.

I usually have a few ideas together. Honestly, this time I wrote down and drew out about 10. Now, a couple of those were used in the leather handle folder, such as the tooling to create the embossed Barnes Logo on the leather.

More to come. Thanks for reading. Perhaps you will see something you would enjoy, tomorrow

Gary
September 08, 2015 12:00PM
Hey Gary,
That sounds great. I can't wait to see what it is! I always like your surprises.

As to the comment above about having to use the Model T parts and only finding a restored one, I think there must be an error... You just aren't digging deep enough in the Barnes South tar pits! I'm sure there is one in there somewhere - it's gotta be close to the next fossilized misquito tusk cache! Put on your scuba gear and give'r another go, hahahaha.
Glad to see you relaxed some,
Jeff
September 08, 2015 12:28PM
Really excellent looking action. I bet that trigger is sweet!
September 10, 2015 01:19AM
Next time just print the axle for material... more innocent
September 10, 2015 03:35AM
Duh!!! Why didn't I do that??? knucklehead
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021