Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: bullhorn SOLD SOLD SOLD .... AURORA PREMIERE.... MAMMOTH MOSAIC bullhorn

bullhorn SOLD SOLD SOLD .... AURORA PREMIERE.... MAMMOTH MOSAIC bullhorn
April 20, 2017 01:18AM
IMG_4425.JPG

This is a very special example of my work. The mechanism has BOTH machined Trunnions AND a Pivot Hub. It's very smooth and properly snappy.

IMG_4423.JPG

I have many excellent pics of the folder, however; I wanted to make you a very special offer tonight (until I explain the options asap tomorrow). Let me tell you, in 1989, at the New York Custom Knife Show .... I introduced the closest thing to this. Now, it was an open back liner lock but with stainless blade .... and this "Woven Mammoth", they were $900us. One price. Cash. The open back knife had no filework as this does.

Tonight .... (A). For a "Check in the mail tomorrow sale", I'll make this knife $750us. Plus $20 USPS

IMG_4426.JPG

Now .... (cool smiley. I'm going to offer an opportunity for a two payment sale of $395us each at 30-35 day intervals - or $790 total. plus $20 USPS

Lastly .... (C). I'm going to offer an opportunity for a three payment sale of $285us each at 30-35 day intervals - or $855 total. Plus $20 USPS.

That means Tonight - for a check of $750us (plus $20 USPS) you save $105 over the 3 payment / 90-105 day option)

Drop your marker here and proceed to the PM section where I am "barnespneumatic ".

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Many Thanks Readers.
I'll post more pics tomorrow. I'm gonna already have a 9 pm dinner thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2017 04:36AM by barnespneumatic.
April 20, 2017 03:37PM
Someone got a steal on an incredible piece of work.
Congrats to......
April 21, 2017 12:01AM
Gary,

I knew that one would not sit in the box long.

Great knife and I hope you had a great dinner.

Larry
April 21, 2017 03:09AM
Hi Larry,

Thanks very much. I'm glad you recognized a keeper!

I have been having some fine dinners, thanks. They get later and later. We sat down at 9:30 pm for dinner tonight. We have tried all sorts of schedules. The best remains the one where I just close and we eat then. I can work thru the hours better than stopping for dinner at a human time .... relaxing ... eating .... getting all sore/stiff/painful from stopping and sitting ... then getting back up ... walking back down to the shops at or after dark ... then reopening the shop again. Better to just push thru. Never enough hours in a day but I try to get in 11 or 12 a day. Then you add in forum prep in the morning and evening and it MAY seem there's a pattern forming here. Haha.

Glad you are here. I owe you a mail.

Best,
Gary
April 21, 2017 09:31PM
Ok. We heard from Upstate New York and from Central Asia.

Nobody else in the REST OF THE WORLD was curious, had a comment, nothing.

We didn't even hear from Kurt! why me
April 21, 2017 09:57PM
Gary
I'm mad at you !angry with "no" sign

You put that great knife up forsale AFTER my bedtime and it sells sooooo fast I didn't even get to put my hand up to bid . I did mention on the other post about my love of the warm soft natural colors though .
So how many different tusks from different mammoths were in that ? Were they ALL mammoths even the dark black one ? Julios knife seems to have multiple colors in it . I do understand the deeper you cut the lighter it would seem .

Ps: my guess is 6 different tusks

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2017 09:59PM by kurt wag.
April 21, 2017 10:30PM
Great questions. Let me ask Kelly ...., haha

I'll address your anger issues. Haha.

Be back .... before beddy bye ....
April 22, 2017 03:05AM
Well ... another looooooong post lost/dumped by this CURSED UPGRADE!!!!!

Since that ..,,, some of the emojis will cause my entire post to be dumped and lost. I can't remember to not use them.

That is sooooo disappointing
April 22, 2017 12:37PM
I'll try again. And avoid emojis. €};?(

Those different colors and textures would be from different animals. (Maybe even that Squirrel from ICE AGE). Haha. ):>•

You know, I have had Mastadon Tusk before. Some information says the Mastadon lived back as far as 23,000,000 years ago. Info. Claims the last of those and the last of the Mammoth died out about 11,000 years ago. Was a tough year. Anyway, when Mastadon Tusk are found, their age can be millions of years old. Their density tends to be softer, even to an unusable chalky consistency. They have been a dark chocolate brown in color. I'm thinking this was all Mammoth.

I'm glad you liked it. I will make more. I'll have to post it at 3 am so you can look at it over breakfast. Haha.

Thanks Kurt

Gary
April 22, 2017 11:49AM
Gary,

That's a great looking knife. I'm sure the new owner will be proud!

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 12
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021