Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Air Conditioner Chat .... 5/19 ..... safe for children and pets

Air Conditioner Chat .... 5/19 ..... safe for children and pets
May 20, 2017 01:04AM
Hi Guys,

It's been in the 90's all week here. I think it's supposed to get warm next week. Thank God for Air Conditioning. Dispite rumors, I'm pretty sure no one lived around here prior to 1965.

Just a few notes here. Needed to sit a spell. That's Jed Clampett talk. I pulled my back a while ago. But I'm all bengay rubbed, wrapped, anti inflammatory pulled, and I even ate an apple. I'll live. I just can't "hover" right now. A Craftsman does a lot of hovering. That's mainly because he doesn't have the presence of mind to take the object of his attention over to a place where he can sit, and review. Or, he doesn't want to take a workpiece from a chuck, jig, or vise. And so, he hovers as close as he can get. And squints. A Craftsman does a lot of squinting too. And wincing. You really need to learn to wince if you are going to become a professional Craftsman.... especially an old one.

Now, near as I could tell, much of this week, and last - falls into the category we commonly refer to as "SUX". That is not an acronym. It's a "Cloud", from which you cannot escape. Mostly because when "IN SUX", you don't know up from down.

But, we persevered. SUX just went POOF .... all in about an hour! And then, we received a few blessings. One after another.

We've had (in Florida) an absolute nightmare lining up (my) medical requirements with professional people and institutions. Of course, you know the nation's healthcare has been in flux. It's ruined a lot of people. It's not done yet. But, so far; we have picked our way through. But we hit a bad obstacle this week. It looked real bad. It appeared as though I was going to be in real trouble. And then, with the glimmer of a memory in Kelly's mind, we had a worn thread to follow. It led to a less tattered section of thread. And progressed on to replace a critical part of my treatment with another. A fearful thing to alter. But we were able to get set up. And, so far, so good.

Elsewhere, some timing began to work around. Some projects just got tired of fighting and I won. And we also, once again ... saw the good hearts within several very fine people. That really warms my old beat up heart. And so Kelly and I feel blessed here at the end of the week. We are grateful for what we have. For another chance to deal with my health WHILE I keep working. That's always been a huge key to our lives. Make these big changes while we keep Gary on his feet and doing good work. I'm very grateful.

I know it's all vague. I just wanted you to know that we "never" just go sit and pout. I work and pout. I scheme and pout. Persevere and Pout.

Hope it's some encouragement to one or more of you.
More pictures very soon. Dinner now!

Gary
May 20, 2017 06:07AM
Gary,

The way we beat the heat in Florida is to run around in our swimwear.

Lon
Bsuit.JPG
May 20, 2017 07:25AM
Lon
Come on .... I thought this was a clean web sight ! No selfies except for Gary .angry with "no" sign

I for one cannot handle the heat . I was in Texas for awhile after high school and after 1 month of the sun I was done . Do you ever get used to it ?
Gary I'm glad " things" are working out for you all. It takes awhile to get all your ducks in a row after a lifetime in MD and now new aches and pains. It SUX ! For sure you will end up with an even keel .

I know up here in Michigan I have my ac set to ( snowballs ) when it hot . I have a boiler heat so no central air but a huge 220 volt window shaker unit and I love it ! Bee cool

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2017 07:40AM by kurt wag.
May 21, 2017 01:50AM
Hey, I'm the buff guy at the end in the dark trunks.Weights

Lon
May 21, 2017 03:24AM
The one with the "shoulder rug"?

Lovely
May 22, 2017 12:11AM
Pout'n and pain. Neither is any good, but both are mandatory when there are no options.
Hang in there Gary and NEVER stop counting the blessings!
Jeff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021