Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

For my friend

For my friend
May 20, 2017 12:46PM
One of my coworkers / friends recently passed away unexpectedly. He was a young outdoors man with a wife and 2 kids . Pete loved to hunt and fish . He was our company safety rep and I wanted to fashion / craft something for his family from things that reminded me of him . I got a pair of old steel toe safety boots , a 20 gage shotgun shell , deer antler and a penny from the year he was born . I decided to make a knife . Now I'm not a knife maker and this was the 3rd knife I made in my life . I also made a little wire kick stand to display the knife . I know it's not as good as Gary's but hey he's older than me.plus I don't think he's ever use " obtainium " before .
I will miss him and hope you enjoy the project !

Thanks
Kurt
IMG_0231.JPG
IMG_0232.JPG
IMG_0233.JPG
Re: For my friend
May 20, 2017 02:17PM
That's Art Kurt.

It's perfect. I know it's going to be treasured forever.

It takes the Soul of an Artist to think of those particular components, and use them as you have done.

You were a solid friend to this young man. I will pray for his family. They will need all their friends as time goes on.

Thank you for sharing this Kurt. I tip my hat.

Gary
May 20, 2017 09:31PM
Kurt, Thatis a beautiful tribute to a lost friend ! Which means you were a great friend indeed ! We'll pray for the loss to the family and also the great loss to you.
My condolences to the family and you,
Bob
May 21, 2017 01:53AM
Those are the best gifts IMO.

Good job!

Lon
May 21, 2017 09:39AM
Kurt,

Very new but looks old in a great and simple way. His family will love it for generations. A great gift.

Larry
May 21, 2017 12:26PM
Sorry about your friend. Wonderful tribute Kurt.
May 22, 2017 12:06AM
Kurt,
You can't buy that kind of love.
Well done,
Jeff
May 22, 2017 07:28AM
Thank guys
It was very sudden and he will be missed . Pete liked to cook and they did catering on the side so he always had me making little things for him for the grill . The best ( easiest )was a jalapeƱo pepper holder . A plate with a bunch of 3/4 holes & 1" legs . He would stuff the peppers and stand them up in the holes and set the whole plate on the grill . The knife was just the right thing to do . He would have loved it too ! take a bow
Anyhow thanks again

Thanks
Kurt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021