Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Last few weeks....

Last few weeks....
May 31, 2017 03:26AM
Time sure goes by quick. Nearing the end of May feels like haven't had time for anything. Had grass "snow burned" areas on the lawn, still working on it. Brought in 5 yards of top soil to level areas. A shovel & wheel barrow to move all the dirt you really feel muscles the next day that you haven't used in years!

Not shown in the picture but wife planted flowers in the dirt by front house. The dirt island in the lawn, I dug out 5-6 inches of dirt mixed with stones. Years before there junipers dying so had removed them. Still digging up roots from them. Refilled with new top soil and will be nicer for adding greenery.

Before the yard work, co-worker and I built up the 3D printer. Recently we programmed for two nozzles but had some issues with filament jams. We think we figured it out, to much cooling on the main body not allowing plastic to stay "liquid". Will know later this week.

IMG_3530.jpg

Work has been crazy! Just working 8-9 hours but the stress of a current project is enough to make one want to pack it in at times. Another 2 weeks and the project should be 95% complete. Initial completion was to be end of March!

Waiting for a week of holidays and get back into the garage. Really need to get back to machining & building.

Thanks for reading!

Pedro G.
May 31, 2017 05:23AM
Pedro,

Interesting printer. I don't recall seeing a design like that.

Keep your nose to the grindstone, you'll finish.

My latest project. This is the 80% 10/22 receiver I botched and then corrected.

Lon
CompleteR2.jpg
June 02, 2017 03:12AM
Hello Lon,

That looks like a fun rifle and scope!

Our printer is based on the HE3D from China. It's a cheap printer and all the acrylic plastic tends to break. We eliminated all plastic in went to laser cut steel. Hope to have the dual color print sorted out this weekend.

Pedro
June 02, 2017 01:34PM
Hi Pedro,

Dual color print?

Your reference to two spools/heads? I thought they might be doing two ends of the project. Now I wonder if they are doing some weave for special effect?

Neat stuff. Pretty soon you'll be printing sintered metal parts for SpaceX. Remember your friends back on the forum. Thumbs up (oh, after one of my phone's manic upgrades, certain random emojis trigger a dump of the unfinished post - great fun).

Thanks for posting Pedro. Hope the family is real good.

Gary
June 03, 2017 04:17AM
Yes dual colour. The printer can use two colours of plastic and creat parts as one with colours predetermined. Another option is to use support material for parts with overhangs that cannot be printed normally. The support material dissolves in water.

Here is an example for the web.

IMG_3552.jpg

There are some intricate designs out there like a two colour frog.
May 31, 2017 08:15AM
Man Pedro
You always make me feel like a slacker . I have so many projects and so little time . I can hardly believe the year is almost 1/2 gone ! Looks great and probably a good stress reliever from work . It's nice to hear from ya .

Thanks
Kurt
June 02, 2017 03:14AM
If anyone is a slacker it is me. I have put things off a lot and tend to do things in spurts.

Year is almost half complete so need to do something airgun related shortly.

Thanks for replying.

Pedro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021