Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: welcome INTRODUCING - NEW WEB SITE!

welcome INTRODUCING - NEW WEB SITE!
June 11, 2017 04:09PM
We have a brand new Website.

An E-COMMERCE Site. Which will accept Pay Pal and all major credit cards.

There are many banners across the top, with links to many sections which show COMPLETED or NEARLY COMPLETED Barnes items, FOR SALE.

I know the Intro of a new site will open questuons as to my commitment to all previous intentions. I'll meet every one, that I'm given time, strength, and health to meet. That's not clever wording. It's reality. When your health fails and your time has run out; then your intentions cannot win the day. It's not a game of Rock/Paper/Scissors.

If you care to read a bit more, I've moved my first intro. to the section here called "I'm Just Say'n"

The new site is a broadening of the people who might see my work. I sincerely thank everyone who has purchased work from me. It's kept the lights on and the work coming off the benches. The ONLY thing that will allow me to keep meeting my intentions, is to keep the shop supported by a flow of new items, while I work in old ones as frequently as possible. I know that opens questions. And that's why, occasionally, I address those. But, it's reality, and nobody wants to hear other people's realities. So; it's here. Read what I referred back to above, only if the back story interests you. There's no way to stay transparent without providing the info. Yet providing it bores most to tears. It's a total no win. I do my best.

However; great exciting news should be welcome! Ok, the New Site! [www.glbarnes.com]

We have an additional format now. One where you won't be asked to share! Yayyyyyyyyy. Hahaha. Yet you can browse and even purchase new products.

I am not the webmaster of the new site. I've hired that out. I think they have done a great job with the materials I've provided. I'll be able to stay in the shop working. I'll give them pics and a description of what I've made. It's been a large project to launch.

I really would appreciate if you would share the URL of www.glbarnes.com with everyone you can. Drop it on a forum you visit (if they approve of such).

Ok .... take a look please. Thanks so much for reading. I hope you desire to purchase something you see. Check out KNIVES and HEIRLOOMS at the top of HOME PAGE ....

[www.glbarnes.com]

God Bless,
Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2017 09:01PM by barnespneumatic.
June 11, 2017 09:02PM
I altered my intro and caused Kurt and Scott's well wishes to move along with my text. It's over on "I'm just say'n". My bad.

But I'm really glad you guys like the new effort.

I'd really like your feedback on the new site. It's supposed to augment the whole public side of our work. Hopefully make it simplier and cleaner to sell product.

If you note an oversight or a needed correction ... let me know please. I can have the issues fixed or added.

Is the material thorough enough? I won't be able to duplicate the text and number of pics I used here. But; I want to make sure there is enough text.

I'm thinking of adding a FAQ section for terminology. Things like "Skeeter Tusk", and the highlights of the "Model 97". Do you have others you thought of while looking at the new site?

I hope you'll take a moment for feedback. This has been a huge effort. You know it's importance. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2017 09:25PM by barnespneumatic.
June 13, 2017 08:12PM
I like it! Very slick, good readability too, clear text on plain backgrounds, which is getting more important for me these days as my vision gets...not better.nerd
June 13, 2017 09:27PM
Great!

Thanks Sean. Good feedback.
June 16, 2017 02:32AM
Very nice! A great way to showcase your fine workmanship!

Pedro
June 17, 2017 01:03AM
Love the new site. Easy to read, simple & elegant. I also like being able to purchase with credit cards or PayPal.
I agree that maybe some simple explanation of stuff like "Skeeter Tusk" and other features would help people. No need to get long winded ( smiling smiley ) NOT That you do....
Anyway i think & hope it works as well as you have planed.
June 17, 2017 07:39PM
Great site Gary, I like it. thumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 43
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021