Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Very neat Development / Please join in.

Very neat Development / Please join in.
June 24, 2017 01:52AM
You guys realize I've been concentrating so heavily on Knives, in order to provide that background which allows me Ledger Airgun time. It's not just a matter if "choosing" where I spend time.

Critical to this game plan, was the development of an entire new e-commerce Website. With this tool, I can have a world market for ALL of my work and products. That's been accomplished. Now, unless you have pulled that off as a single old guy working in a garage ... then having that "at work" doesn't count. Haha.

Now: I've made a Lot of knives at BPS. Who knew what my current group of readers might like, might actually buy. What might they actually buy .... more than once. Hey, this "Heirloom thingie", doesn't mean you can only pass down ONE of Grandpa's pocketknives! Hah!!

And so, I've made a big variety of styles, materials, mechanisms. And, they have ALL sold. But not entirely fast enough for the greedy (fill in bleeps) that keep screwing with our health care cost structures. You can hate both sides. I'm good with that. Don't blame me or drag me into it.

And so; I think you like to SEE my best stuff, but you might not care to buy that. After all, your Grandson COULD turn out to be a real looser. Might just give him an old Mechanical Pencil or something. And ... who has time to go hunting anymore. So; you might buy yourself a small office carry folder ... but Gary needs four of those out the out the door every month, just to pay the goons from the Insurance company.

And so; I've tried this, tried that. Man, you all loved WOOD until I bought a vacuum pump, vacuum chamber, chemicals, thermometers, and cracked how to stabalize woods grown on my own property! Now don't tell me you met you like the warped, shrunk, cracked WOODS. Right. And, the complete handlaid art of Skeeter Tusk .... wellllll .... we are thinking ... ahhhhhhmmmmm.

Ok. And I've tried sizes. Small. Smaller than that. Med. Bigger than Medium but not really big ... you know? Then, there's big. And Bigger than THAT!! Ok, and a host of mechanisms. If you werevall piling up over one thing, I'd be hating to make it by now. Do I know there isn't one favorite.

Well!!!! I just cracked a design application that has been on my mind for some time. This week, amid the fun, I've made tooling to produce the components. It will make me want to bring. Ack a few Liner locks. Some less costly carry 97s (yes with a pocket clip Julio) ;?). And allow the integration of some other materials. More STUFF.

SO; please consider playing along. Buy something. If this change allows me to make them faster, I can sell them faster/cheaper. Everybody wants to know "How long does that take?" Hey ... pay attention. The time between knives on the forum .... that's how long it takes.

Ok. Let's make some fun stuff. Maybe your Grandkid won't be a punk. Thennwhat are you gonna do. There you are dead, and nothing to give them. Don't be a dead beat.

Ok. Good Talk
Gary
Re: Very neat Development / Please join in.
June 24, 2017 12:57PM
Gary thanks for the update and please let me be in the list of persons how wants a pocket folder with the clip.
June 24, 2017 01:22PM
Hey Gary,
I'm with Julio even if I am already handing down Barnes knives to Daughter and Daughters-in-law. Ha!
Jeff
June 25, 2017 03:28PM
Gary, sounds interesting. Looking forward to the new collection!

Scott
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021