Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: bullhorn. NEW KNIFE!!!!! .... "97 TRADESMAN" .... FOR SALE bullhorn

bullhorn. NEW KNIFE!!!!! .... "97 TRADESMAN" .... FOR SALE bullhorn
June 28, 2017 12:41AM
NEW! (Not quite complete, but available to snag! )

"97 TRADESMAN"

IMG_6007.JPG

BARNES MDL. 97 ACTION!!!

Nickel Liners

Linen Micarta - Polished

Stainless Tool Steel Blade. (Barnes Differentially Heat Treated)

Fine Brushed Blade Finish Version, brushed interior - $595us. "One Payment". (Once finished tomorrow, it will be on www.glbarnes.com .... where you may use PayPal or Cards). $15 USPS

POLISHED BLADE, and Polished Knife interior, edges, etc. .... Plus $80 or $675us + $17USPS

IMG_6008.JPG

Drop your Marker Here. Notify me of your choices by PM. I'm barnespneumatic there.

If I have not heard, I'll make a choice on finish tomorrow.

This is a very fine knife. Matter of Curiosity. When I began making knives in 1975, everybody and every article spoke of "Micarta"! And, of course I didn't know where to get it in 1975. I finally learned that Micarta is a brand name and the generic product name is "Phenolic". I tracked down "Reed Plastics", in Rockville Maryland. I loaded up the Clampet Truck and headed to the CITY!!! Whoooh. I found bins of "Cut Offs" of new material. Various shades of the Natural color. Paid, and beat it homevwith Paper, Linen, and Canvas examples. I was in my glory to try it. THIS VERY piece, which I used on this knife; was one of the pieces I brought home to my basement workshop in 1975. At this rate, I'm gonna have to go back!!!

Do my best to finish tomorrow. If you are expecting a shipment, I'm doing it all. Kelly is away this week. I'm doing this group because the sold signs have fallen behind the mailbox.

Thanks for Reading? Thanks for Considering.

God Bless,
Gary

Now Finished!!! IMG_6055.JPG

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2017 04:02PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: NEW KNIFE!!!!! .... "97 TRADESMAN" .... FOR SALE bullhorn
June 28, 2017 06:56PM
IMG_6024.JPG

Excellent! By universal consent, it shall be the Polished Blade Version!!!

Thanks for reading,
Gary
July 02, 2017 04:08PM
Since there's no comment here .... maybe it's not clear. That mirror image is a reflection in the blade of this knife!
July 03, 2017 12:47AM
It took me a minute to figure out why you were posting a picture of a stapler....knucklehead I'm a little slow some days.
That's another beautiful knife. It looks like the same size as my 97 which fits my hand perfectly. I cleaned and skinned a deer with mine last season. It's very functional!

Scott
June 28, 2017 08:28PM
Nice twist on the Micarta, that looked like wood at first glance.

Lon
June 29, 2017 10:31PM
IMG_6052.JPG

Finished. I love it.
June 29, 2017 10:49PM
IMG_6055.JPG

IMG_6052.JPG

IMG_6054.JPG

Done.

Took a header on the way back to the shop. Vine around foot. That stumble run forward trying to stay up. Phone left hand .... open razor sharp Tradesman 97 in right!!!

Luckily, I didn't get blood all over it!!!!

You better buy it before I get hurt .....

$675us is cheap for this quality in a 97. Plus the $17 USPS

When everybody has said, for 40 years "The Pictures don't do the work Justice!!! The detail and finish is beautiful!", what else can we do? We can't drone them over to you for a look see .... maybe my customers are onto something!!! Try it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2017 04:06PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: bullhorn. NEW KNIFE!!!!! .... "97 TRADESMAN" .... FOR SALE bullhorn
July 23, 2017 11:56PM
In the mail tomorrow.

Talk to me ...,

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021