Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Working ...

Working ...
August 03, 2017 02:57PM
Several different projects. It sounds simple but isn't, when I mention names and which projects. It's natural if I mention a name, then they want to see pics. It takes time, and it just looks like a few pieces of junk during many stages. I don't show the critical interior stuff, so the pictures I took time to make and post are disappointing. Prompting ... "when will it be done?"
Then, if I show his and not yours .... that's sad.

One thing I'm doing is for that Sea Turtle Rescue facility that sells our Beach Jewelry. They went to huge expense to install an indoor facility and become certified to house rescued Sea Turtles. Their first turtle in their pool gallery was an older sea turtle that had been at Sea World for many years since Rescue. It was blind female. Huge turtle. But, it had chronic health and respiratory issues. It had to go out for treatment and come back. The facility here was doing a great job with it, but you might imagine the paperwork and regulations to keep a "government" Sea turtle. After it went out for MRIs the last time, it was determined to be terminal. They had to put her down. Everyone who had spent time for the project was sorry it came to such an end. The Center commissioned a memory medal for "Gigi", the Sea Turtle. Lots of folks want a small token before they are issued additional Turtles. This is one of those situations you may imagine today. The regulations are kept so prohibitive, that people become quite invested of time, coin, and emotion.

So; Knives for Clients, Tokens, knives to pay bills. We've shipped everything here. We're doing our best with time.

Hope you are all good.
Gary
Re: Working ...
August 04, 2017 07:45PM
Well, it doesn't appear as if the forum has been consumed with curiosity, but here are the Pendants. You may wonder if should bother with this? Well, these pendants are worth as much as a really fine Barnes Custom folding knife. So; I guess so. It's helpful.

IMG_6625.JPG

Yes I'm still alive after that crazy day of extreme dizziness, but I have suffered from extreme headaches all week long, thru today. I've come to the forum quite a few times. No entertainment!? Hey, who's running this joint anyhow??!

Hope you are good. Hey, practice your typing while here. We have no LIKE or FROWN buttons. Truely primitive. Like Gilligans Island. Ginger or Mary Anne?

Haha

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2017 10:37PM by barnespneumatic.
August 05, 2017 01:38PM
Hey Gary,
You know I love that kind of art. So do many of the ladies in the family. I'm glad they went to you for the memory token. Sorry about the dizziness. Hang in there Brother!
Later,
Jeff
August 05, 2017 08:56PM
Howdy Gary
That dizzyness is nothing to fool with . I'm hoping it a sinus or cold of some sort.
The memory pendants look great and a whole lot of work I'm sure . That's a real bummer about Gigi also . I hope they can get a replacement for all those who dedicated the time and effort. Good luck selling them too .

Thanks
Kurt
August 05, 2017 10:45PM
Thanks Kurt,

I probably didn't make part of that clear. The Turtle Center ordered the pendants. I wasn't just trying to make a buck off the sad circumstance. Thks for sparking me to clarify that.

The hideous dizziness mostly passed in a day. The worst of in in 4-5 hours. However, every day since, I've had nasty headaches- often all day and night. That's the stuff I can't plan for. Look at your 97 Toothpick and the 97 Bowie. I was really enjoying doing fine work.

Since the Bowie shipped, I've felt like I slammed into a low hanging limb, and I've worked, but not quite to Spec.

Thanks for dropping by. I got a guy from the other side of the world who checked on me. Couple of folks. I appreciate it.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 15
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021