Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Couple of things going ....

Couple of things going ....
August 12, 2017 10:56PM
Not being a tease. Have used my time and hours as they fit how I felt and the work at hand.

Got another Dr apt coming Monday. Darned foot stuff. Trying old remedies we found on cave drawings down by the Tar pits.

I have a few things going that I rotate thru as I feel best able. One day, they'll all be done and stay done!

Hope you are all enjoying the ones out there. Please post if you have something interesting. No ... not the $35 Pakistani Damascus Barnes Folders. We don't want anybody to know those are out there!!!

Gary
Re: Couple of things going ....
August 13, 2017 03:40AM
I hope the doc visit goes well. I think I am at the early stages of arthritis as my ankles and fingers are really hurting lately. Will have to inquire with my own doctor.

Hope weekend went well and you could enjoy a little time me for yourself.

Pedro
August 13, 2017 04:01AM
Oh, geez, an old folks forum.The Reaper

I just started taking Glucosamine chondroitin to see if it helps my knee. A lot of people swear by it but many articles online say it has not been conclusively proven to help.

I'll consult with my doctor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2017 04:02AM by Bigbore.
Doctor.jpg
August 13, 2017 02:41PM
I tried to get in to see that guy when I still had insurance. But he was "Out of Network".
August 13, 2017 08:20PM
I'm very anxious to get back to Airguns as well.

You know, as it turned out; the older generations of both sides of my family didn't choose to, or didn't have a chance, to teach me much. Oh, there was the "don't touch that - it's HOT!" Type of stuff .... but not any of the "how to choose a career ... save for retirement ... complex decision making ... women ... hunting ... fishing/boating ... sports ... teamwork ... dealing with disappointment ... growing older ... dealing with people" ... I could go on and on. Those little details, I had to fumble through, myself.

One of those topics would have been ... "Responding to your carefully laid plans ... as they hit the rocks." Maybe, "reacting to the world 'allowing you' to do only about 15% of what you are willing and feel capable of."

More ....
August 13, 2017 10:47PM
Point being. It's been my plan to work on the knives to get that stable with the Barnes website and my Friend the Show Traveling Dealer.

Well, my Dealer Friends Wife has just learned of her status with a really dreadful desease, and because of my own health recently, I haven't completed as much as desired. I seriously wish to restart my Rifles, and will.

This is just to say that "Determination " alone, doesn't set the meter of progress. One thing you can't fault me on is determination. New physical stuff has sandbagged me lately. I'll keep pushing that darned rock til they box up my stuff. Please watch, and maybe pick up a few tips as to how one old guy handled life's knee to the groin. You'll do it differently but you won't be any more "determined" to progress.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021