Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

308 Build

308 Build
August 16, 2017 02:39AM
I have been working on a 308 build that I started last year. Doing design and build as I go. Most of it I have worked out but still making changes as I go along. Last night I started on the trigger block. Came up with a nice concept to have a solid bottom with no slot showing thru. Starting milling this afternoon and suddenly realized I had started machining the wrong side. So will need to change the design or later make a new part. Either way the gun will still work.

IMG_4229.jpg

Still many parts to make. Working out the trigger isn't easy for this build. The valve and internal parts will take some work and I may need to source the threading as I cannot cut thread easily on my little lathe. Be great if I can get it shooting by fall.

Thanks for stopping by.

Pedro
Re: 308 Build
August 16, 2017 12:55PM
Pedrog,
Nice photo. Thanks for sharing. Good luck with the build!
Jeff
August 16, 2017 08:15PM
Hi Pedro,

I learned something I'd like to mention, while you probably already know. Grub screws/set screws CAN apply so much pin point pressure that they actually dimple the bore inside! Don't ask me how I know ... though I do have a few rifled tomato stakes for the garden ...

Careful.

Gary
August 17, 2017 02:04AM
Thanks for the headups regarding the grub screws. I will have to be very careful when I tighten the screws.

Thanks again Gary!

Pedro

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2017 02:05AM by pedrog.
Re: 308 Build - 2nd update
August 17, 2017 02:20AM
Today I spent around 8-9 hours in the garage. Worked out the trigger, sear & catch. Didn't have any material so I used 1.5" stainless angle. Tough stuff but for a temporary set it will work. Milled, filed and mounted the trigger block and scope mount block.

Need to work on internal parts to get more assembled. Then the valve assembly. Lots of work stilll need to be done. I hope this gun will be a lot of fun.

IMG_4242.jpg

Thanks for visiting.

Pedro
August 17, 2017 09:11PM
Looking gooood Pedro
I sure wouldn't mind a couple of weeks off ( in a row ) ! This is our busy time crunching before snow flies. Im glad your back to the air gun build . The nice neat garage is good motivation for sure . I like having my garaged attached also .
Thanks for sharing your vacation.

Thanks
Kurt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021