Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

308 Build - Thursday

308 Build - Thursday
August 18, 2017 03:48AM
What a day! I needed to tap a 1" OD x 13/16 ID DOM pipe with 7/8-14 thread. I texted my retired friend who happened to have one. Drive down to his place. Tap was old and after 15 minutes of turning back & forth I barely had 1/2" of thread. He then walked back to his tool box and realized he had a new tap. What a difference this made. I cut 1.5" of thread in no time. The thread is for the spring tension adjustment.

In return I helped my friend put on a swim platform on a boat he is selling. Friend was an agricultural mechanic for 26 years and industrial mechanic for maybe 8-9. Now he repairs mostly boats by word of mouth. Works as he feels he needs to.

After arriving home I had some watermelon wife had cut up. Then back to garage. Made more parts do I could try to engage sear on the hammer. Turns out my sear will not work so back to the drawing board. The highest point barely engages to hammer and the sear engagement needs to lock higher.

Hopefully Saturday can do a little more. Friday off to Lower Fort Gary Museum. Was built in 1860's and given to government in 1950's I think.

Thanks for checking in!

Pedro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 20
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021