Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SOLD SOLD SOLD bullhorn Latest SOUTHWEST 97 FOR SALE!!!! bullhorn

SOLD SOLD SOLD bullhorn Latest SOUTHWEST 97 FOR SALE!!!! bullhorn
August 24, 2017 01:07AM
IMG_6858.JPG

This is quite a fine Model 97. It's not assembled here so you can see both sides of individual Art Carving and Mosaic.

It's an excellent carry size at 7" OAL open

IMG_6852.JPG

It's $1,200us plus $25 shipping and Ins. USPS.

IMG_6853.JPG

Please drop your marker here for a time stamp. If you want to then transfer private details or questions, please use the PM section upper right of each forum page. I'm listed there at barnespneumatic. You hit "send pm". Then at the bottom you roll thru the names until barnespneumatic is highlighted. Stop there. Then up a couple lines, click DONE. That will put my name in the address box. Type your note. Hit send.

Thanks very much. I'm very pleased with this knife. I hope you might find enjoyment in it. I've put my best efforts into building it for someone to enjoy and pass down.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2017 02:43AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: bullhorn Latest SOUTHWEST 97 FOR SALE!!!! bullhorn
August 24, 2017 02:41AM
SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!

THANK YOU take a bow
Re: SOLD SOLD SOLD bullhorn Latest SOUTHWEST 97 FOR SALE!!!! bullhorn
August 24, 2017 05:52AM
Another great one!

Lon
August 24, 2017 06:23PM
What a great knife without the carving . Then add the southwest views puts it right over the top . I got a green Barlow a couple years back from you . I always think Michigan when I see that knife . It's covered in pine cones and pine needles. I of course grew up around many different pine trees and remember being covered in sap as a kid , then cutting pine cones with the lawn mower like little rockets and raking golden needles as a teenager . Then as a young adult working at a tree service . We hated pine trees cause the sap on the tools and clothes. But then there is the smell that overrides all the bad sap stories . The green jigged bones scales as a fresh pine needles and brass bolsters reminiscent of gold pine needles.

Ahhh my Barlow !

Thanks
Kurt
August 24, 2017 06:39PM
Great Story Kurt!

That warms an old heart. Well said. I can see the black smears all over my hands, forearms, and trousers. We actually built TREE HOUSES in Pine Trees! Haha. Some days we spent most of the day crawling around up there. We were so sticky that we couldn't fall!!! Hahaha.

I suppose Mom just scrubbed me in gasoline at night. "Nah ... won't hurt the boy." And it's only 23 cents a gallon!

I'm thrilled to hear you enjoy your Barlow Kurt. I hope you always enjoy all of your "Barnes Stuff".

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2017 01:19PM by barnespneumatic.
August 25, 2017 12:38AM
IMG_6862.JPG
August 25, 2017 01:10PM
Lon and Kurt commented. Did anybody else notice the "Wagon Train"? Too small down in the valley?

Nice group of wagons traveling together. Oh yeah .... would have been another family but their wagon wasn't ready yet. That said they'd catch the next wagon train in April. Nice folks, the Donners.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2017 01:13PM by barnespneumatic.
August 25, 2017 09:17PM
IMG_6866.JPG

Just need to screw it together! Now where are those assembly papers .....?
August 26, 2017 01:44AM
Funny.

I didn't notice the wagon train.

Lon
August 26, 2017 10:39PM
Gary l like the way you joined the inlays to the aluminum at the top and bottom. Instead a of having scales that have a definite start and stop , these blend in without disrupting the pattern of weaving. To me it looks extremely harder and adds a lot to the look . smileys with beer

Thanks
Kurt
August 26, 2017 10:53PM
I'm glad to have that noticed, Kurt. It is much harder. And, the sides have to be milled in mirror images of each other.

That started out to be THE big feature of the knife. But then, those bolsters begged to be carved.

Thank you for noticing, and for commenting. I do get to feeling that I'm just writing in my diary, and putting it back under the mattress. Man, this is one tough room.

Thanks Kurt
September 03, 2017 01:31PM
Gary, that's a great looking knife!
I've been doing some "catch-up" reading on the site and each time I have seen this knife, some new detail pops out. It is amazing how much detail and story can be shared in such a small carving. I'm glad it sold quickly.

Scott
September 04, 2017 02:17PM
Hi Scott,

Thank you very much.

If you haven't been able to read along, it may not be clear that there are three knives there, with the Southwest Theme. First, was the Toothpick. 10" with Damascus blade. Then came the Bowie. 10 1/2" with the Southwest Carved bolsters. Then came the 7" Southwest 97 with the woven bolsters and the Carved Southwest Theme.

All of those struck a nerve. I was asked to reproduce the last one for a gentleman.

I'm glad you liked them. I have another Theme under build along with gun work. Thanks for checking on me. It's appreciated.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 22
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021