Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It Begins!!! .... [Now PHASE ONE complete!]

It Begins!!! .... [Now PHASE ONE complete!]
September 22, 2017 01:00PM
My experts arrive momentarily.

IMG_7360.JPG

IMG_7361.JPG

We've been prepping the shops and parts all week.

Give a thought to us. Assembling this Hammer is important to us.

Thks,
Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2017 11:41PM by barnespneumatic.
Re: It Begins!!!
September 22, 2017 04:19PM
It will be awsome when you guys have it back together again! Just be safe, keep all those fingers and toes.. We'll be praying for ya.
Here's to the new possibilities of what Barnes South can make ! stunned
Have a good time with old friends.

Bob
Re: It Begins!!! .... [Now PHASE ONE complete!]
September 23, 2017 12:16AM
Great, Great Progress Today! I'm so very pleased.

We got started early this morning. Coffee and treats to say hello. Kurt and his son Jake had driven down from Michigan. They are on the Great Lakes up there. Parts of Canada are below them. I'm really honored that they would make this effort to help me.

Kurt is a Professional Ironworker. He makes the heavy stuff. It's great having talented help. Jake is in IT Security. So heavy steel involves whatever series of operations arrives at your goal. Simple logic. We all worked together well.

Kelly has seen to it that we have tons of cold water, iced tea, meals, treats, and she's been a willing help to run and get things required.

Here's the result of today's work. Thanks for reading!
IMG_7379.JPG
IMG_7380.JPG
IMG_7381.JPG
IMG_7382.JPG
IMG_7383.JPG
September 23, 2017 12:54AM
Gary
It was our pleasure to come and help . We hated seeing that useful tool laying there with all those moth balls. We got lucky today too . I heard it was 94 deg at home . Haha only a tad cooler in the great state of Florida but we mustered thru with all our fingers and toes .

Thanks
Kurt
September 23, 2017 06:01PM
Gary,

Great news on your progress! My hats off to Kurt and Jake for their efforts and help in getting the shops into service and Kelley for hosting them so well. I am looking forward to seeing what you will be putting out after everything is squared away.

Karl
September 23, 2017 11:22PM
Thank you Karl,

The project is very helpful. Of course, first obvious thing; I can now produce new Forged blades. I can also make new Damascus Steel. I can produce Forged Ironwork once again.

From the most basic standpoint, I've also freed about the size of a garage, in floor/wall/ceiling space. That was being taken up by this exploded machine and it's parts, with attachments.

We got deeply into shelving and unpacking items from the move - in prep of this weekend of assembly and modification.

I'm very anxious to see the project bear fruit too. Walking into an organized, prepared work environment.... is completely different than walking into a cluttered mess. Tools and machines, laid out in a logical set; allows my energies to be used completing product ... instead of using my energy hunting for things and trying to use an upturned bucket for a bench.

IMG_7435.JPG

As we saw how New Windsor had changed around us, and how Maryland had changed; we finally determined we couldn't fit there much longer. Our plan, was heroic in scale; not by desire or fantasy .... but by necessity. We could either ride our business, in the middle of the Town of New Windsor .... until it "Cratered" ..... or ...... move EVERYTHING!

Of course you know we had to hit "resume" far before we were ready in our new location . THIS project catches us up greatly!!!! And I can build to, and around this project! Thank you Kurt and Jake. And earlier in the move, Thank You Kent and Jerry. Thank you Richard. It was ALL assembled to such a point as it is today. Functional, and improving.

IMG_7434.JPG

Gary
September 24, 2017 12:16AM
Gary,

It looks like it is taking shape. I think we all can feel the excitement in your posts.

Glad you had the help of the "PRO TEAM" to help make it happen. Now I understand just how big a project it is to set up.

Looking forward to the future.

Be safe,

Larry
September 24, 2017 05:20PM
It is great seeing the power hammer coming together!

The assistance of friends who took the time must be greatly appreciated.

Gary, you weren't kidding the the hammer was built with odds & ends!

Waiting for you to hammer down!

Pedro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021