Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: SHERPA (Damascus Blade) COMPLETE (SOLD) bullhorn

SHERPA (Damascus Blade) COMPLETE (SOLD) bullhorn
September 29, 2017 11:28PM
This Barnes Sherpa, turned out really nice. It's a good design. I changed a few things along the way, as I felt I needed to perfect the design. I hope you like it.

A few people have followed my work on this. I'm pleased they they discussed it with me, and we settled the sale. The knife, as you see it; is $625 and I asked for $20 to pay for shipping and Insurance.

I do have enough of this Steel to make 2 more knives. PM me.

It is my best guess that I made this bar of Woodgrain Damascus around 1986. Thereabouts.

Hope you enjoy seeing it. This particular Sherpa is SOLD

Thanks for reading!
Gary
IMG_7575.JPG
IMG_7576.JPG
IMG_7577.JPG
September 30, 2017 12:49PM
That knife is a beauty. The new owner is going to be very proud! wow
I think it will match one of his airguns very nicely....

Scott
September 30, 2017 12:54PM
Good thing he's familiar with sharp things. This is a razor. thumbs up. Hehe
September 30, 2017 03:49PM
Gary,

Wow, that went fast! It did turn out exceptional. Congrats to the new owner and to you on the quick sale.

Karl
September 30, 2017 05:29PM
Thks Karl!

Yes Sir! That's the way to do it. Makes a happy Gary. Happy Kelly. Happy Customer. Ahhh .... it might just be the answer to Whirled Peas!!!

"festive"

Gary
October 01, 2017 12:24AM
Gary
That knife sure turned into a way better knife after the whole chemical reaction thing . The other blade was very nice . I'm wondering why you decided to enhance it with Damascus? I'm happy it sold so quickly too . It will be a great piece to use for sure .

Thanks
Kurt
October 01, 2017 04:06AM
Hi Kurt,

Honestly, I have a heck of a time learning what customers might like. I was just reading a long article tonight, on compound bow Cam technologies. There was a lot of discussion of the limb designs. Split limbs, solid limbs? Hybrid, Single, Binary, Dual Cams. Smooth/radical cams. Arrow Speed, etc. The take away was this: the manufacturers gave it ALL figured out by now. It's ALL been documented. They COULD standardize the data, the charts, publish a code or efficiency % and have a standard consumer means of comparison....

ARE YOU CRAZY!!!!!. They don't want to do that. They sell units because their cams are "Silky Smooth", or "Fierce and Aggressive." Its marketing. They sell a unit because it was set up to shoot 5 FPS faster then the other guy's Dinosaur design from 6 months ago. Ha. It's the Customer hearing what the customer wants to hear.

Now, you know me. I'm honest and therefore boring. I tell/explain. I don't hype unless I'm play'n with the reader and it's obvious. So; I'll tell you now. Sometimes, I build something that I KNOW is great. It makes sense. It's a very valid material/design/price structure..... and .... it just lays there. Phwaaaatttt???! It's not possible. It's perfect. It's like a box of puppies for Gosh sakes. But, crickets won't chirp around it. And, of course; noooooobody will drop a hint that it's a half a shade "too taupe" or if it were just 1/8" longer OAL. And so; I wait for the back room to work out just what would make this box of puppies even more cute. And, since the piece was already really neat .... making it even better .... ahhhh ..... always makes it ..... even better .... huhummmm. And that's what I did here. It should have sold in five minutes. But, because it didn't, I refined it several times. Refining it beyond its original target, but making a 10X into a Triple.

Best,
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021