Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Only a Barnes

Only a Barnes
October 04, 2017 07:31PM
Can make you smile that big ! This is a great picture of the new younger series of Barnes fans . I believe after shooting this sweet little pistol my son stalked Gary into the shop and asked him to make him one . We had a great time at the skeeter shoot and I've got some great memories of the year my son and I got to shoot .

Thanks
Kurt
IMG_0754.JPG
Re: Only a Barnes
October 04, 2017 08:53PM
That's s GREAT PIC Kurt. Thanks for posting it. Real nice to remember.

I've had two very odd things taking place simultaneously of late. (I guess I should stop trying to "qualify" my comments, and just assume that people know me already - after 43 years). But then, as your post here indicates .... Jake here, didn't know me in the 70's. Hah! The 70's are on the horizon AGAIN for me. Anyway ... point being, I'm not your regular, regular guy.

I haven't felt great lately, but at the same time; I've been creative lately. Scribbling down cards of drawings and notes. Sourcing previous cards of notes and drawings and being quite surprised at what I found. I'd come upon a whole file of designs. At first, I'd be amazed. Start reading this new and strange stuff, as if it's something I've never seen before. Then, it's become an hour later, and I've made notations and added to the designs.

On one bench, is a great Mechanical Drawing for a wonderful 50 cal, pistol carbine. I really want to make it. On another bench are three main knife projects. A copper folder to finish for Jeff. A Theme Knife I've been machining the case on, and this am .... there has been Ebony and Coral all over a third bench. A retrofit that I hope to have back on the market very soon.

"Why don't you just make one thing at a time.....!!!!!" From the back of the hall. The 55 year old question. (My workbench card table beside my childhood bed was covered in projects too). And the best answer I've had has been, "Because I think of ten projects at a time." Call it lack of discipline if you like. But then the several thousand completed projects, from a dozen fields; that went out would be hard to rectify.

Back to the Ebony and Coral .....

Thanks Kurt. Really glad Jake liked that little Derringer....

Gary
Re: Only a Barnes
October 05, 2017 06:27AM
Gary,

I usually have more than one project going at the same time also. It is nice to be able to put something down to rethink it, or to prevent yourself from pushing through the project and losing some of the enthusiasm for it, yet be able to resume another, fresh again.

Lon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021