Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Guys, I'm going to be a Great Grandfather take a bow

Guys, I'm going to be a Great Grandfather take a bow
October 05, 2017 11:29PM
What do ya think of THAT?!!

Our oldest Granddaughter, Leah (whom we have always lovingly called "String Bean"), will have her first Child in March. Leah is 23/24. Her Husband is in the Marines. Leah is an Instructor at a Karate Studio!

Due to "Multiples" in Kelly's family, our Grandkids added up quickly, to 13. Triplets and Twins does that! Haha.

So; the Grandkids, Our Kids, Wives, Husbands, and Inlaws .... all call me "Pop". We are starting another entire Generation who will, as well. I'm comfortable with the term. You can call me Pop too. Haha.

Well, life has lead me along quite a few trails, paths, interstates, and sidewalks. Just up the road, in March; I'll have a Great Grandchild. Wow. Hey, I have the pocket Watch of my own Great Grandfather. He was a Cattle Merchant. My other Great Grandfather operated his own water powered Mill. Hah. Guess my Great Grandchild will just have to take a few minutes to explain my various Shop lives! Haha.

Hey. Funny. My Grandson, Mazen; has always called me "Pop in the Shop". From a toddler, on phone calls or Skype, he'd always ask about me. He'd be told, "Pop is in the Shop working". He began asking, "Pop's in the Shop...?" He quickly just shortened that to ... "Pop in the Shop!" A simple declarative statement. Judgement call. Expectation. Haha.

Say a prayer for Stringbean. So far, so good.
Thanks Much,
Pop

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2017 12:15AM by barnespneumatic.
Re: Guys, I'm going to be a Great Grandfather take a bow
October 06, 2017 08:39PM
Congrats Garry.
October 06, 2017 09:22PM
Thank you Rugar.

Very nice of you to take time to wish me well.

Gary
October 06, 2017 09:36PM
Gary,

Congratulations to you and Kelly! Boy the time does fly. Kelly hardly seems old enough to be a great grandmother, you on the other hand.... rolling happy smiley Pass along my best wishes and congratulations to Leah.

Karl
October 06, 2017 11:21PM
Congratulations Pop!
There is no way Kelly is old enough to be a great grandmother. But, congratulations to Kelly too!

Scott
October 09, 2017 07:03PM
Thats some fast turn around times for daughter and granddaughter for you to be a Great Grandfather at your age !!
Congradulations Gary and Kelly ! my best wishes to all .
Thanks for sharing.

Bob
October 10, 2017 03:31AM
You know, you'd think so .... but it averages out to a bit over 20 years per generation, so it's not one for the record books. Haha. thumbs up

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 14
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021