Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: SOLD SOLD SOLD ...,, DON'T MISS THIS: "CORAL EAGLES 97"!!! bullhorn. FOR SALE NOW!!! bullhorn

SOLD SOLD SOLD ...,, DON'T MISS THIS: "CORAL EAGLES 97"!!! bullhorn. FOR SALE NOW!!! bullhorn
October 06, 2017 10:15PM
This knife is extremely nice. That's a base handle material of Natural Ebony that I bought about 1975. The hand inlaid Mosaic is Coral and Turquoise. The Coral and Turquoise are deeply inlaid. They are about the thickness of a Nickel. It's glassy smooth the touch. With a beautiful, polished stone, Satin finish.

Stainless Tool Steel Blade. Strong and light weight machined Aluminum Alloy frame. Hardened tool steel locking components.

$850us. Drop your marker here. $25 for ship./insurance

I'll Monitor. Thank You Sincerely.

The knife is 97% complete and assembled for photographs. So; things like the rear machine screw protruding won't be there when I sign off. Another few hours. Unfortunately, my back has been dogging me and I've had headaches. I'll be fine, I'll just watch from the house this evening. I need a break.

SOLD SOLD SOLD
God Bless,
Gary

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2017 01:43AM by barnespneumatic.
IMG_7646.JPG
IMG_7647.JPG
IMG_7648.JPG
IMG_7649.JPG
Re: DON'T MISS THIS: "CORAL EAGLES 97"!!! bullhorn. FOR SALE NOW!!! bullhorn
October 06, 2017 10:44PM
Gary
Very impressed. I didn't know it was an eagle on the first showing or the addition of turquoise . The scale work is very distracting to me from the rest of the main knife.

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2017 11:14PM by barnespneumatic.
October 07, 2017 01:46PM
Hi Kurt,

In a continuance of my Southwest theme, I tacked a bit toward Native Artwork. I've done the Eagle and Thunderbird Icons in carvings, scrimshaw, and firework since early Barnes. Used to do the design in beadwork on my childhood loom. Man, I'd sit into the night doing beadwork. Wish I had some of it. (It's probably been gathered up by Anthropologists and collected as Anasazi artifacts!!! Haha.

Now Kurt, I can provide a roll of black electrical tape, with the knife. (No extra charge). Now, when the distraction of that inlay builds up to an intolerable level; and the Dream World of Chants, Drums, and Smoke seems to pull you in .... a strip of electrical tape on there will bring you right back!

Always a solution,
Gary
October 07, 2017 01:50PM
Btw .... I edited the title of the thread and accidentally first grabbed Kurts post, rather than the the root of the main thread. That's the accidental edit that's noted. thumbs up
October 07, 2017 02:58PM
Gary,

What a dramatic handle display! Gorgeous! I really like the mosaic imagery and theme.

Karl
October 07, 2017 03:17PM
Thanks Karl!

"festive"
October 07, 2017 04:15PM
Whoooohhhh!!!!

IMG_7657.JPG

I think it looks pretty good just laying on a paper towel!!!

Gary

Now SOLD SOLD SOLD

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2017 01:45AM by barnespneumatic.
October 07, 2017 04:07PM
Gary
I was trying to remember a picture of a similar eagle I had . Since the flood nothing is where it used to be but ....
I found this and it must have been what I was recalling. It's a little different but really stuck in my head .

Thanks
Kurt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2017 04:09PM by kurt wag.
IMG_0766.JPG
October 07, 2017 04:26PM
There ya go.

I'll browse thru old albums. I'd like to show you the ones I filed on spring spines. thumbs up
October 07, 2017 04:57PM
Filed on a spine ??? No way , that small stuff really flips me out that it's even possible.
BTW NRA on my poster isn't what you'd think but I really like the simplicity of the eagle .

Thanks
Kurt
Re: SOLD SOLD SOLD ...,, DON'T MISS THIS: "CORAL EAGLES 97"!!! bullhorn. FOR SALE NOW!!! bullhorn
October 08, 2017 07:42PM
Gary
Somebody's really lucky to get that beautiful pair of eagles . It must have been the paper towel display ! Hahaboing

Thanks
Kurt
October 09, 2017 01:20AM
I'll bet that was it Kurt!

Select-a-size, gets 'em every time!

thumbs up

Gary
Awsome knife! No wonder it flew off the self, HeHe.
I like the design and the flawless completion !

Bob
October 11, 2017 02:45AM
Very nice design!

Reminds me of the Ford Thunderbird logo.

Glad to see it sold quickly as it should.

Pedro
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021