Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Memorial Day

Memorial Day
May 24, 2009 04:06PM
I hope you all have a fine weekend. We're going to go to a picnic. We'll have a hot dog for you.

Thanks for your service to our country, for our military readers. We appreciate it!

You take care.

Gary
Re: Memorial Day
May 25, 2009 03:08AM
This is a special weekend for sure - kinda reminds me what this country is all about. My town still has a nice parade, with NG flyovers tomorrow!

Today, we had violent T-storms with Hail and some microbursts!

managed to get in a little grillin, though, for my daughter's 20th birthday more innocent
May 25, 2009 05:03PM
Joebill,

I guess she's home from college for the season. I know you're happy about that.

Hey - funny story. My granddaughter was up over the weekend. She was in my office. She looked at the Boar's head ... said to me ... "Did you shoot that?" Yes, I did. She says, "Why did you shoot that". I said it had been attacking a bus load of school children. She said sternly ... "Is that true?" I said no. She asks "what did that ever do to you?" It looked tasty. We ate it - it was very good. She says, "If you were hungry, you could have gone to the grocery store" ... "Shame on you for shooting that ... " And so it went. Next day she busted me for using salt. It would seem that her public education is coming along nicely. winking smiley

Gary
May 25, 2009 07:53PM
you are in DEEP trouble!!!

Does she know how to get on your website yet - more innocent
May 27, 2009 05:30PM
Gary forgot to mention that Maya (said Grandaughter) is only 6 years old.
May 27, 2009 06:11PM
And ... she's a sweetheart. But she's gonna be a hard case in a few years ... when it becomes my fault that the polar bears are floating on individual ice cubes ... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
May 27, 2009 10:26PM
How do you know when it's OK to tell a sweet little girl that every bite of meat bought at the store came from a butchered animal? If it's OK to tell children that hunted animals are shot and killed, shouldn't they be told at the same time that supermarket meat comes from animals that are killed? I've got boys and I never really avoided this issue so they all know that every bite of meat comes from an animal that was once cute and cuddly and then got big enough to kill for the table. As far as I'm concerned, unless you're a complete vegitarian and you don't wear leather and you don't eat anything cooked or prepared with any animal product, you should probably make sure your kids don't have an artificial hang-up with hunters.
May 28, 2009 01:59PM
Hi Jerry,

Yeah - I agree. However; you know how stupid parents are until your kids get to be about 30. The other side is everywhere. School, TV programs, cartoons, books, magazines, internet ... it's an endless assault. The exception is violent video games - where you are free to shoot anything and everything that moves. eye rolling smiley

Gary
May 28, 2009 08:07PM
All true. My kids come home filled with the latest stupidity passed along at school routinely. We then sit around the dinner table and talk about it. They've learned that the founding fathers were not evil, hunters are not evil and Sacagawea was not nearly as important as Lewis and Clark.... Then we go shoot something!
May 28, 2009 09:25PM
One can only imagine how the American Civil War and the Evil Confederacy are treated these days in a public school history class (shudder) . . . after all, the post-Civil War period was the genesis of the modern Memorial Day holiday.

-- Jim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 4
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021