Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: More Pictures

More Pictures
October 19, 2017 03:31PM
Work in progress; here are Damascus blades (from BPN) ready to be ground. Here are various hand cut Dies. A new Theme Knife. Shown are the milled sides ready for inlays. Also a recent Cuff made for a customer. Enjoy.

Gary

And 2 more model 97s!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2017 08:39PM by barnespneumatic.
IMG_7905.JPG
IMG_7904.JPG
IMG_7903.JPG
IMG_7906.JPG
IMG_7925.JPG
October 20, 2017 12:39AM
Now who would want a cuff of a kayaker. whistling

Lon
October 20, 2017 02:34AM
Don't be bashful Lon. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Yes, I will make you one. grinning smiley
October 20, 2017 11:55PM
I think I know of a kayaker amongst us.

Lon
October 20, 2017 05:38PM
Neat items!

Second picture, is that an astronaut doodled on the handle? Or a metal foundry worker in full protective gear? Maybe a flamethrower?

Thanks for sharing.

Pedro
October 20, 2017 07:07PM
Hi Pedro,

It "could be" the first rendition of an early SCUBA Diver ..... um ..... could be..... haha.

And .... a bunch of other UnderSea Wonders ....!

Thanks Pedro!
Gary
October 21, 2017 10:34PM
Gary
Those are some serious hours of labor in those dies . Very impressed. My favorite is still the sailing ship hidden up in the corner . I think that's the one I sent Julio in the medallion. I sure hope he's doing ok with all the tornadoes/ hurricanes you'all got down there . He's not posted in quite a while.

The folder with the cutouts is a monster of a knife . Almost 12" long ???? I could prepare a gourmet meal with that and then put it in my pocket! The excitement builds .....

Thanks
Kurt
October 21, 2017 11:24PM
Thanks Kurt!

I have been in touch with Julio during and after both of the Hurricanes Puerto Rico. He feels extremely fortunate that they are safe, and well. I'm certain he appreciates your concern. He has not had Internet Service, but could respond to cell traffic.

There are several theme Knives under build. As well as other model 97s. I try to use "The Flow" to get as much similar work done as possible.

I have a Copper Knife for Jeff - I work on it an hour here and there. It's coming.

I know it's more fun to see the finished stuff. I'm trying. I hate to admit to yet another stupid distraction.... but my foot/toe has really been a drag on everything. It hurts. It has coincided with my back giving out for a couple of weeks (now stronger), and I'm way past the end of my back injection cycle. So; I'm just living with more background pain. I'm very reluctant to keep chronicling all the pain issues .... but otherwise .... I'd be completing more. I'm working just as much - but the darned pain grinds you down. Sorry. I'm kind of nervous about this toe surgery next week. I doubt it's gonna be instant cure. I suspect it's gonna ache.

Hey Kurt, are the leaves changing up there yet? Got any pics?

Thanks for posting!
Gary
October 22, 2017 03:20PM
Gary
Thanks for the update .
My family did make it up north for a little color tour and picnic . We did miss the peak but it was still a great time . I actually made a sweet little lunch of grilled sliders. ( lamb burgers ) and asparagus shoots . We did some Rambo hiking in a place called the ravine. We did use some Barnes tools to prepare and eat are lunch too . There was also a gun show in a little town called Cadillac we went to and when they stamped our hand after paying the gal noticed Jacobs " dem bones " cuff with the skeletons and said it was really cool & fitting so close to Halloween. We ended our trip with a truck load of huge pumpkins to set on our porch

Thanks
Kurt
IMG_0942.JPG
IMG_0946.PNG
IMG_0941.JPG
IMG_0949.PNG
October 22, 2017 04:01PM
Great! Thanks Kurt.

Looks like a relaxing time. Really glad you got to do that.

"Up North" from you .... did you have to leave the country? You are extremely North as it is.

I see ya found an old Mountain Man too. What's the chance??? Probably left over from the 1800's by the looks of 'em. Excellent.

Thanks for posting.
Gary
October 23, 2017 02:20PM
Reading again - love the pics.

It's nice to hear that you folks are enjoying my work too. That keeps me going. I really appreciate it. I sure did/do appreciate the trip that you and Jake made down here to help me.

Your Friend
Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 10
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021