Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Unrepeatable - Serial Numbered 1 - 4. Signed. bullhorn FOR SALE

Unrepeatable - Serial Numbered 1 - 4. Signed. bullhorn FOR SALE
October 29, 2017 09:46PM
I'll have 4 objects for sale in about an hour. They are natural material objects that I recognized an "Oh my gosh" coincidence in. They cannot be repeated for any price.

I do have a series of maybe 8 or 10 of them absolute max. I'm finishing the first 4.

Even if you never use them as intended, they are amazing small collectibles.

#1 has to be $125
#2 will be $100
#3 will be $100
#4 will be $100

$7 to ship.

Back with pics asap!!!

Gary
Re: Unrepeatable - Serial Numbered 1 - 4. Signed. bullhorn FOR SALE
October 29, 2017 11:03PM
Do you know what "Spalted Wood" is? It's a brief stage "between" seasoned and rotten. It's a time when nature is creeping up the capillaries of the wood (Southern Live Oak here). Nature is "Staining" the wood. Cabinet makers highly prize spalted wood. They want it solid, and yet stained with that network of grey to black veins. They create patterns.

Do you see it here? I noticed this a remarkable TREE OF LIFE pattern in the Spalting of this Live Oak from our property here in Florida. This wood actually GREW here.

What do you think the chances are, that the process of ... decay actually ... would instill the vivid clearly recognizable pattern of the "Tree of Life?" I was dumbfounded.

Now, I carefully prepared the wood, and put it thru a process of "Stabilization", so that it would be totally infused with thermoset resin. This makes it extremely hard and permanently stable. After that, I went thru many sanding steps, and finally buffed the stabilized Live Oak it a high luster. The discs feel like silk.

The hand forged and bent Bails are made of Sterling Silver. Each disc is Signed (Carved) and Serial Numbered.

The pattern is clear thru the piece. It's on the back as well. It changes just a bit as it progressed along the branch. And then, it just faded into jibberish. But, for a total ... IIRC ... of about 10 discs ... the Tree was there. Obviously it can never be recreated, for any price.

I'm just amazed that: 1). The pattern was created. 2). I found it. 3). I recognized it. 4). I had the skills and equipment to Stabilize it. 5). I knew how to process it and bring it to be an amazing keepsake. 6). It actually GREW on our property here.

I hope it appeals. They were a lot of work. Think it thru. I think it's quite a story.

2-4 being posted now ...
IMG_8132.JPG
IMG_8133.JPG
October 29, 2017 11:15PM
The image is EVEN a "Hollow Tree!!!" My Barnes Workshop has been referred to as such for Decades. Haha!!! I love it!

Oh, the Bail is made, and the degree of finish is such that either side can be worn OUT.

IMG_8143.JPG

IMG_8135.JPG

IMG_8136.JPG

IMG_8138.JPG

IMG_8139.JPG

IMG_8140.JPG

IMG_8141.JPG

#4 has an extra photo just to show the sheen from the side. They feel like silk.

IMG_8142.JPG

Kelly will provide a nice suede cord that looks very nice, if you don't have other plans. In this way, if it is a gift; it may be worn immediately.

I really hope you like them.

Please drop your marker here. This gives us a time stamp and order of sales.

God Bless,
Gary
October 29, 2017 11:17PM
Take note: there are even LEAVES DROPPING. In the process! And; there are perfect knurled roots. There's a path into the hollow tree, and it looks like the LIGHT IS ON in there! Haha. It's the way I'd have drawn it!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2017 11:23PM by barnespneumatic.
October 30, 2017 11:07AM
Gary,
Isn't nature awesome?
You caught this wood at exactly the right time to show off the beauty of its "imperfections", and preserved it.
Only a true artist can do that so well....

Scott
October 30, 2017 02:05PM
Thanks Scott,

I still can't look at these without realizing they are one in infinity. Usually spalting is on just one side of the branch. Or, its heavy on one side and sparse on the other. This was uniform coverage. That alone is special. But for it to depict a recognizable object .... perfectly framed ... complete .... an not just generally kinda if you squint and hold your finger over that one part ..... but it's complete WITH auxiliary details (dropping leaves, hollow tree arch, internal light to hollow arch, path into arch, wide uniform base of rugged roots, knurled trunk, symmetry), it's just impossible to believe.

I'm sensing that my Artist "thing" must allow me to see this stuff more keenly .... just how amazingly unique and rare this is.

Thanks for reading
Gary
October 31, 2017 08:22AM
Gary
Those look great and would also make a perfect Christmas tree ornaments. Too bad they don't come in a box of 12 .why mewow

Thanks
Kurt
October 31, 2017 01:14PM
Well Kurt,

Odd you'd mention that ......

For the low low price of $49.95 .... you can have 12 super light weight versions in our 2017 Christmas set. Ms. Kelly can run off a Doz with our replicator Kodak model 315. We aim to please.

take a bow
Gary
November 01, 2017 03:32AM
Serial Number 2 is SOLD SOLD SOLD

Thank you, sincerely. Please tell us what you think when you get it!

Blessings
Gary
November 16, 2017 07:22PM
Gary,
We recieved the pendant and I gave it to Jana for her birthday. She has worn it just about every day since( that means it can go with a bunch of different outfits) and been getting rave reviews from everybody that sees it! Nice work from you and exceptional work from the Lord and nature to make it!
Thanks, Bob

PS I think some people are missing the mark not buying these up!
November 16, 2017 08:55PM
Ahhhh!!!! Excellent!!!!

We are so glad she liked it! And, if everybody likes it, then they can clearly identify the image. I was blown away when I saw it.

And, when you talk about a "limited edition", this is the poster child.

Thanks Bob.
And please tell Jana we appreciate her being a Great Spokesmodel for BPS!

God Bless,
Gary and Kelly
November 17, 2017 10:33PM
Gary,
Jana said she is PROUD to be the spokesmodel for the BPS spalted pendants!
Some people have thought it was etched that way and then Jana turns it over and shows them
it was a slice of wood with the Tree of Life on both sides!
Thank You for seeing this humbling display from nature, and making it come to Life!

Thanks Bob & Jana
November 18, 2017 02:50AM
Bob and Jana,

Kelly and I both enjoyed hearing that! Thank you both.

Still can't get over the craggy tree, roots, the hollow arch, even with a light on inside the arch! Hah! As kids, we had a huge old willow tree with an arch that was hollow inside. We'd stand inside and hide.

The pendant image even has leaves in the process of falling! Thanks for enjoying it Bob and Jana.

Gary
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021