Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Engraving pics - in progress but far enough ....

Engraving pics - in progress but far enough ....
November 12, 2017 06:00PM
I decided to make the artwork speak about the knife itself. The Oak and Acorns, the Ebony Tree, the Ural Mts. - just one place where Malachite is found. The fossilized Craftsman engraving .... even the crazy squirrel that drops acorns on my metal shop roof at six pm every evening!

Hope you enjoy!!!
IMG_8349.JPG
IMG_8351.JPG
IMG_8350.JPG
IMG_8353.JPG
November 13, 2017 01:54PM
Gary,

Wow, that engraving is beautiful. I especially liked the little worker (self portrait? ) in one of the sections. This will be some knife when it is completed.

Karl
November 13, 2017 02:53PM
Gary,

That carving fits well with the mosaic. I like them both.

Is it just a coincidence that there is a hole in the carver's head?
There may be a joke abut a "screw loose" in there somewhere also....

I pray it sells quickly!

Scott
November 15, 2017 01:20PM
Hi Scott,

Ah yes .... the "Black Hole" of the Craftsman's Mind. Collecting Input from all around him. Haha. Indeed.

When the polished camshaft end is installed upon assembly, it will look like a head lamp on the old guy. (Old guys need headlights ya know ...) ha.

Screw loose indeed! Kelly would certainly agree. She's constantly adjusting that. Hehe.

Thanks Scott! Thanks for your prayer. It worked.
Gary
November 13, 2017 04:07PM
Beautiful work! nicely put together piece/pieces!

Matt
November 13, 2017 08:58PM
The engraving is mostly complete here. Final past then contrast.

IMG_8372.JPG

Thanks guys!

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2017 09:01PM by barnespneumatic.
November 13, 2017 09:06PM
Hope you enjoy seeing them. Comments valued.

IMG_8378.JPG.

IMG_8379.JPG

Thanks,
Gary
November 13, 2017 11:24PM
Looks great, I do like the inlays. The engraving matches the knife and you. The anvil for the forge, the squirrel for Fl. And the old fossil (LOL) at the bench . Waiting to see with contrast hard for me to pick out much more details describe them. Looking forward to the finished project.

Gary L
November 14, 2017 12:28AM
IMG_8382.JPG

Ready to etch in the morning....

Thanks everyone
Gary
November 14, 2017 02:19PM
Thank Uou Gary, Matt, Scott, Karl.

It means a lot to me to read your comments. I really appreciate it.

The forum's picture requirements do not all enough resolution to show the detail well. Like the Mountain scene. If you look at the original thru a good magnifying glass, it's highly detailed. Looks like a picture over your sofa. Ha. It's hard to appreciate in low Rez.

I'm very pleased that a home has been found for this fine knife. This one is now SOLD SOLD SOLD.

The NEXT Theme Folder is in the pipeline! It's theme is based upon the Story line from beloved and Classic Literature. If you like the Sea, keep checking back!

I really trying to get work done on back work too. I had to buy a turkey, I'll try to get some more hours in on other projects. The days are too short.

Best
Gary
November 15, 2017 01:25PM
Thank you Gary!

Don't miss the next one if you like the Sea. It's going to be very neat. A Display Size Engraved Mosaic!

The Other Gary
November 15, 2017 04:50AM
Gary
That knife tells a true story of the knife life ! It's kinda like a totem . The engraving is outta this world and such a small scale . It's almost like the knife is ONLY a venue to display your craft onto . I love the green malachite too . I don't think I've ever seen that gemstone before .
You da man

Thanks
Kurt
November 15, 2017 01:49PM
Ahhhh. "I Love the Knife Life" ... haaaa

I'm glad you like it. I've spent some days inside those scenes. It is funny when ya come back out. Everything is so BIG out here!!! Ha.

By continuing the grid onto the bolsters, it sure did create quite a few individual "Canvases" to be filled. I liked representing something from each component of the knife's construction... and doing it with a bit on whimsy too. Like my Krazy Shop Squirrel that showed up in the 5:30-6 pm window every evening. What a racket as he dropped acorns on the metal roof and into the oversized metal rain gutters. It sounded like he was tossing wrenches. Haha. He finally harvested the entire overhanging branches. I suspect he's fluffing up his winter nest now. Haha. When I was trimming branches away from the shop, I missed a couple. It made for a fun experience as my Squirrel Alarm went off every evening.

Gary

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2017 01:52PM by barnespneumatic.
November 15, 2017 01:56PM
Don't forget, Kurt ....

The Spalted Live Oak was even GROWN here at BPS. I think that's a fun fact.

And, the Blade and materials from BPN make this another ALLOY project. Started at BPN and completed at BPS.

GARY
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021