Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Check out the detail ...

Check out the detail ...
November 16, 2017 01:07AM
It passes thru the list of topics, and then the knives are gone. But I want you to see again, the detail I put in.

IMG_8411.JPG

IMG_8413.JPG

When I say I'm going off to darken the background ...I first have to finish sand and protect everything else. That always takes more time then you think. Then ... I have to protect the carvings. Tape them up. That takes time. Then clean them. Do a final pass before contrast. And that takes too much time. You always get more then required. I'm sure that's "poor business" from an accountant perspective. And from waiting client's perspective. But ... THIS ... is what goes out. What goes into the safe.

NOW .... these few panels are ready.

Gary
Re: Check out the detail ...
November 16, 2017 04:08AM
Right. This ismuch bigger than life, and hard to see. You are looking at the individual cuts. You can't literally carve acorns hanging there - so you have to know how to make light and shadow suggest whole rounded objects. While the work is deep for engraving, it's still rather shallow. To represent distance, height, relief .... it takes a wide bag of tricks.

Just thought you may enjoy a look inside the cuts.

Gary
November 16, 2017 04:55AM
Nice!

My ADD would never allow me to do that.electrified

Lon
November 16, 2017 07:32AM
Hey Lon,

I have ADHD and no way I could ever do something like that. I work on a project while watching a movie and talking on the phone. ha ha ..

It is stunning. If I every owned a Barnes knife I would wear it out from pocket friction by showing it to everyone I meet. ha ha.

Larry
November 16, 2017 02:47PM
ADD, ADHD .... you guys are a mess ... hah

I suffer with NET-FQW ... yep ... not enough time - for quality work. Every day craftsmen, the world over; face the heart break of this insidious thief that robs them of the joys of project completion. Won't you give today, to help a craftsman in some mosquito infested, vine entangled ... ah .... .... sorry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2017 02:49PM by barnespneumatic.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 4 on March 10, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 234 on February 21, 2021